or Connect

Posts by AsianBob

I'm going to come at your argument using your argument, so hopefully it'll finally sink in.   I'm going to make two assumptions from your point of view that I believe we both can at least agree on about the state of Apple Maps compared to Google Maps: 1. Apple Maps is worse than Google Maps 2. Apple Maps is just as good as Google Maps 3. Apple Maps is better than Google Maps   Yes? The comparison between the two has to exist in one of those states at any given...
  Your arugment revolves around the lack of evidence. Just because you see there is no proof that Apple Maps has more errors than Google Maps doesn't mean that Apple Maps doesn't have more errors than Google Maps. The problem with your request is that the proof is something that can't be readily provided (especially by people like us; hell, I'm not even sure if anyone can provide the proof you want) and then you claim that since we can't provide the evidence, then your...
  Wondering Around: I'll give you that one. I have no idea why they would wonder around. Only thought is that they might have run out of gas.   Signs: If you go under the assumption they are tourists, what makes you believe that crossing through a park wasn't part of the route? Espeically if the route on their trusted device is saying to go through it. I make this assumption because local people would know that's not the way and would not have gone that way to begin...
  Awesome! Thanks for point that out to me.   I'm just answering his question about showing evidence that Apple Maps is as bad as people are saying it is.
  You ask for non-anecdotal evidence. I show you pictures users took from Apple Maps on their device. You still say that doesn't qualify as evidence. What is your definition of objective? All I see is people posting the mistakes in Apple Maps that they've come across in their use of it. You have to admit that those are some pretty glaring mistakes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far, Google Maps doesn't have a satellite view of an area in three different shades like a...
  Granted. But these are tourists we're talking about. The public at-large is relatively stupid.   Hell, I live in the urban US and I still have a decent safety kit in my car. I should probably get some road flares for the coming winter.
  http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com/   There you go. If you look through them, you'll see some side-by-side comparisons of the same location in Apple Maps and Google Maps.
  People are getting lost in a dangerous part of Australia: Fact The people the police rescued were using Apple Maps: Fact (until someone proves to me otherwise) The users of Apple Maps were unfamiliar with the area: Fact Apple Maps shows Mildura as in the middle of a national park of Australia: Fact The users were thinking they were making a simple highway drive and thus didn't see a reason to need to pack survival gear: Fact Apple Maps led these particular people way...
  Then you would be implying that the police should tell everyone to not go to Mildura at all. If all other mapping solutions have problems, then we shouldn't use any of them at all and just stay put, that being the safest of all situations.   Ironic that your request is actually walks into the territory of hysteria more than the simple statement the police put out.     Either way, like I said, I'm sure that your request was fulfilled when the police asked them what led...
  Well you have the all-mighty Annonymouse telling you that he is correct and the Victoria Police are wrong. You should clearly take his internet forum authority over the Victoria Police.   /s  ;-)