or Connect

Posts by AsianBob

I wonder if there was anything Verizon and Apple signed in their contract that says Verizon can't do a BOGO. Because technically speaking, once Verizon pays for stock from Apple, the units become Verizon's property and they can sell them however they wish. Unless, of course, it's not that simple...
Use your other hand. Not that big of a deal. -Sent from my iPad Sorry, couldn't resist...
"Find My Friends" sounds like it can be used by a paranoid spouse to check up on the other one.
Interesting. But then the question becomes why didn't Verizon work with other manufacturers to implement this earlier? From a PR standpoint, this could backfire as lots of people will start questioning Verizon as to why the iPhone gets seemingly preferential treatment over other phones. Same CDMA network, but they did something extra just for the iPhone. Yes, you and I would understand why that is but the average American probably wouldn't.
I'm surprised at how shocked some people here seem that the Verizon iPhone can't do voice/data at the same time. EVDO Rev. A has never been able to, so why would it magically be able to with the release of the iPhone? That would mean that Verizon secretly updated to EVDO Rev. B. Don't get me wrong, that would have been a nice surprise if they announced that, but with them sinking money into LTE, that's not likely to happen.
I personally would consider it more like one of these: Thing is, there will always be a time where you'll be in need of one of the items it carries and if you happen to have it on you...well... Plenty of times my multi-tool has helped me out of a situation.
Possible.I'll have to disagree with you here. Android phones are no less "app-centric" than the iPhones. Most of the information services type apps are available on both platforms. I haven't seen a single one of my apps take me to a website and the only time I do is for Google searches or to view information on a website that either doesn't have an app or the app doesn't give the information I'm looking for.Not necessarily. All Android phones have the ability for you...
You might want to link to the article on BGR directly. I clicked your link and the article at the top of the page in big letters is: "Android 2.3 Gingerbread now runs on an iPhone 3G" Kind of funny...
Sure a lot of them have the same form as the iPad. But when it comes down to it, how many variations on the tablet design an you actually build? They all have to have a screen and they all have to have similar methods of input (camera, keyboard, sensors, etc). In a way, you also have to give credit where credit is due to Apple's competitors for coming up with a few tricks of their own. For example, the slider tablet ASUS made. They managed to fit a full keyboard into...
Did we watch the same video?http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/g...blet-honeycom/I didn't see anything there that warranted all of your rant about Honeycomb, but I accept that it's still your opinion.Personally for me, iOS hasn't changed all that much over the past few years. Sure there were fixes and features added, but the look has just become...boring. Yes, it revolutionized the mobile phone but the "wow" factor has become less and less every time I watch the iPhone...