or Connect

Posts by AsianBob

Whoa there! Most places I've read have the iPhone at 32% of the smartphone profits.
Still not as good, maybe. But it's not complete trash, as myapplelove implies. This is a software thing that can be solved with an update (2.1 is already being worked on). As for the physical keyboard, I'm taking those reviews with a grain of salt until I can get my hands on a Droid for myself and do a bit of typing. There is a bit of subjectivity here. Their thumbs aren't my thumbs, so who knows... The one thing I have going for me is that I currently have a BB...
No idea where you're getting this "no auto correct" thing from, but Eclair's build has auto correct and prediction. Especially for all the contacts you're typing. http://developer.android.com/sdk/and...ighlights.html The slide-out may be a lemon to you, but thankfully, your word isn't the end-all, be-all for the world. There will be people that like it after using it for a time. As for the screen resolution, how does a higher pixel density not help? The higher the...
Google is actively working on a solution for this in an official capacity. I believe the issue (like for the BlackBerries) is a security problem. Someone being able to upload and run a malicious program on a microSD card is what I'm guessing. The fix will probably be released for Flan and subsiquent OSs. [url]Then I'm sure you've missed the reports of Android topping the iPhone in marketshare by 2012. The new Android phones have specs to die for and every one that gets...
Actually, multitouch was available on the older versions of Android. I believe the G1 could have multitouch on 1.5 and the 1.6 got it through an SDK. The reason why Google didn't use it natively is anyone's best guess. But the SDKs allow devs to take advantage of multitouch functions.
It's definitely your familiarity with Apple products. Personally, the last time I used a Mac was when the G3s and G5s were around (high school days, roughly). I've just never been given a reason to personally want to switch to an Apple product. I've never had to crack open a manual for any of my electronic products either, but it's mostly because I tend to learn quickly on my own, even if it's something complex. From what I've seen of Android 2.0, Google has turned...
I wouldn't go as far as to say never. More difficult, yes. Apple's competition are releasing better ways for devs to create for their systems. I see that you left Android off your list... Interesting. But I applaud the 100,000 apps (minus however many are unsuccessful clones, but are still lingering around the App Store...). Just means that much more apps that can be ported to other systems!
I personally don't think it's vaporware. In the strictest, technical sense of the term, yes. But there's way too much showcasing of the actual program for me to think that Google will just drop it. Guess we'll know for sure on the 6th.As for the smoothness, the newest version of Google Maps with all the layers runs damn smooth on my Storm. I've can activate all the layers and not have much of a slow-down. With the Droid's increased hardware and improvements in Android...
Seen, but not used? Android 2.0's first venture into the wild is on the Droid. Sure there's some videos out there that show bits and pieces of it, but you can't really base it all on that can you? Just one more week until user reviews start rolling in! But I do understand the appeal for the iPhone, since you're a Mac user (easier integration). I'm a 7 user, so I don't have the same issues as you. The problem right now is that Verizon and AT&T are both switching to a...
Here's my question to you. The phone hasn't really been reviewed by any of the major sites, much less the average user. How do you know that the iPhone is the "better" phone of the two for you personally? I'm a bit annoyed with people do this when they haven't had the chance to actually use the other device. Let it go on sale, play with it, and then if it's truly worse, then it's worse.