or Connect

Posts by AsianBob

Because the pictures posted in the article are promotional pictures. Pictures of it actually running software can be seen here:http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-motorola-xoom
Oh, he was talking about the edge. I thought he meant the overall smoothness of the writing. But I do remember the articles about the weird performance at the edges of capacitive screens. Sucks that we'll have to wait a few months before the ship. I hope that brick and mortar stores will sell them so I can go see for myself.
When I was in college, I had two different tablet PCs (the ones that swiveled around) and on both of them, the pointer jumped around a lot because I think the digitizers used radio frequencies fired from around the screen to ping a chip in the stylus. With capacitive screens, I don't see that happening anymore. I think this is because the whole screen is a sensor so you can get pinpoint accurate writing.
You don't say! Could it possibly be because at the time, BB OS was the most popular smartphone OS out there? And then after the success of the iPhone with the touch interface, Android switched to that to match where the market was going? From a purely business sense, would you have continued to keep it the same as BB OS? Look where BB has ended up now and where Android is now. Look down on the decision to switch all you want, but at the end of the day, it was the right...
Same thing as the iPhone. It took Apple's competitors a bit to get moving, but they caught up quick in the last year. I see the same thing happening on the tablet side.
I've been following the ASUS tablets since they were rumored and am excited to see some hands-on videos. I'm personally edging towards the model with the slide-out keyboard. If they are as good as they make them out to be, then it will make Apple roadkill indeed.
Then you have been living under a rock. ASUS makes extreme top-of-the-line PC hardware, geared towards gamers and are very well known and praised in the gamer circle. If you can satisfy the needs of gamers, then you are definitely doing it right. I regularly buy their hardware when upgrading my desktop because they generally much more bang for the buck than their competitors. And they're usually among the first companies to adopt the latest advancements in hardware...
If it's that far out then an LTE chip better be in the mix. Both Verizon and AT&T will use LTE, so it wouldn't make sense to exclude it. Verizon's network would have already been up and running in a number of major areas and AT&T would just be starting up theirs.
Just answering your question. I know of the VoiceOver software for iOS and OS X. I'm curious to what these disability certifications are that the iPhone has passed.
Speak to it using the headset the soldier's already wearing? I don't think it would be too far-fetched to be able to tie in their headset somehow. From what I can tell, the speech recognition software is fairly accurate.