or Connect

Posts by Carson O'Genic

This whole thing is so stupid!  If you want a phone you intend to shove in your pants and otherwise abuse, buy a smaller iPhone.  If you want a big screen device that is also as thin and as light as can be then buy the 6+ and treat it with a little more care.  Engineering is all about trade-offs: you can't have cheap, thin, light, flexible, sturdy, water-proof, infinite battery, huge screen, super-processor power, cool, low energy usage, etc all in one device.  Apple gave...
It seems to me that sitting down with a large phone in your pocket is kind of a silly thing to do no matter how tough it may be.  I have a small 4S, and I use a belt clip for both comfort and quick access.  I'll do the same when I get around to getting my new iPhone 6 or 6+ (decisions ... decisions).
I'm not sure exactly why, but I have the suspicion this may become a case of Apple playing the embrace, extend and extinguish game. I see the iTuness card in passbook and I see the tip of the iceberg as they become the source of debit iTunes cards used for kinds of merchandise, and then they go after the American Express type of system of pay your bills by the end of the Month. Maybe, not but I 'd be worried if I was in the CC business.
If Liquid Metal were used in any of the new products, wouldn't there at least be a press release from the company?  It would be a very big deal for a small company, so I imagine that as soon as the product is unveiled they would take credit.   My guess is that there is no use of LM yet in Apple products, but I'm still hopeful for something in the future.
 I thought I read that in the end it was stainless steel, not LM.
Sounds like too many people are getting all worked up over battery life.  I really think the presentation made it clear that the watch is meant to be worn during the day and charged overnight.  That sounds reasonable.  Sure devices that do less may have longer battery life.  I also would not want to sleep with the watch, nor any other watch for that matter.  So it is simple a matter of setting the charger up in your bedroom and plop the watch down every night and put it...
I'm happy with the move towards using "" in the name instead of "i".  The whole iThing was growing a bit old at this point.
Agreed, and they didn't talk to the FDA about a simple heart rate monitor.  Other sensors will come - when who knows.
So how does Apple make money on this? are the payments just a killer app to sell more iPhones? I have a hard time believing that the CC companies would give Apple a slice of the pie, unless Apple can convince them that the payments are so much more secure that their cost s will decrease.
I'm confused. I thought I've been reading reports that pall did turning away from TSMC in favor of Samsung for the A8. This doesn't fit.