or Connect

Posts by Carson O'Genic

I'm one of those parents.
Many of the posts here assume that Apple and LM are just sitting around.  In fact, the little public information that I have seen has shown that they have worked on many improvements, most of which are needed for any commercial use of LM, in composition and manufacture of parts from LM.  LM just settled a lawsuit with a casting company (VPC) and amended their agreement with them that frees LM from using them as their only contract manufacturer – does this have anything to...
I'm thinking the 5S may disappear with the launch of the 6.  I agree with the above post that the insides of the 5S with touch ID will become the 6c.  Meanwhile the larger two new 6's need some name to differentiate them, maybe iPhone 6 and iPhone 6Air??   Either way I see it as medium, large and Phabulous!   Apple held onto the 4S for emerging markets, so maybe if they hold onto the 5c (instead of the 5S) they can fill that niche.  
 I would love to know how this works?  What power does an analyst from Morgan Stanley to walk into someones office and say "Tell me what your planning to do for Apple"? Why would they even let her in the building?  If she is not talking with corporate heads, then who is she talking to and can their information be trusted?  Obviously Apple doesn't want their suppliers to leak info to the press or anyone else, so all this information leak must really be driving them mad and...
Now we know why Apple is investing in sapphire production.
From the article:   "The stock market (in Apple's case, NASDAQ) automatically adjusts the value of the company's stock by the value of the dividend, as the dividend reduces the value of the company because it is paid from the company's cash holdings."   In a perfect market the value of the company prior to a dividend payout includes the value of the cash, after they pay the dividend the increased selling of the stock reduces the value of the company.  So in theory, the...
Nice first day on the job!     Really, is any one person worth that much?
In my view the bad press over the 5C was mostly because the media and analysts convinced themselves that Apple will and has to offer a cheap phone to say competitive in Asia. However, that is what the 4svis, whereas the 5C was intended for the middle (at least upon introduction). The same media/analysist then punished Apple fore not meeting their expectations without really considering what Apple had up their sleeve. When as Aplle ever cared to compete at the bottom....
I think we need more choices than 'failure' or 'success', how about 'selling well, but not quite as well as we expected'?.  It seems to me that Apple was expecting to sell more 5C than they did and, maybe, less 5S.  I'm not sure if they were expecting more overall iPhone sales or just a greater percentage of 5C.  Regardless, the data in the tables shows that the 5C is selling well, despite the 'failure' label.     I'm curious what they are going to do in the next round...
If I could ditch the comcast DVR, and it's monthly charge, and just use aTV to navigate and record, then I would see that as an improvement.