or Connect

Posts by Carson O'Genic

Although science can't answer this question, simply saying we have no clue so God did it is not an answer either. Your just using God as a placeholder for something that we don't understand.
Except then you add 50 cents extra tax and use all the new money for energy research and to support alternative energy sources.
It is feasible to harvest ES cells from a single blastomere and keep the embryo viable. This has been done in mice. The idea is to pluck a cell around the 8-cell stage and toss the other 7 cells back in the freezer. (With mice they showed they could get viable offspring from the remaining morula.) Then you make ES cells from the on plucked cell and you can claim the embryo is still alive. This is just a dance to get around the ban on federal money. I'm not sure if...
No problem with federal funding of other kinds of stem cell research in the US as well as research with any of the Bush approved stem cell lines. Actually at the moment, the real problem is that the overall budget for all research has gone down for the first time in like 30 years. It is harder to get funding now than I can ever remember.
There are few points in human development that give a clear sudden change that you can say something has fundamentally changed. Perhaps the only good one is conception.That still leaves some of us with a big cell that we may easily choose to feel nothing for and for others, such as Chris, this cell may have 'other attributes' beyond it being a cell. I think current timing of abortion in the US is mainly based on the idea that the fetus is generally not viable before 24...
I'm not sure what you are getting at in terms of 'different'? Obvioulsy the sequences of human DNA differ from other species (and a little bit between ourselves). There are some general sequence preferences that are characteristic of DNA from vastly different organisms like a virus, bacteria, fungus, vertabrates etc. But really they're all just strings of 4 nucleotides.
I use pages for a few things, but being a scientist my big limitation is that it doesn't work with referencing software. I use mostly Sente, but also Endnote if needed. A year back or so the folks at Sente said they had now way to plug in to Pages since Apple wasn't providing any tools for 3rd parties.
I don't believe this, but since some of are in a conspiracy mode. I give you...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060703/...raq_al_zarqawi "The woman, identified by La Repubblica as al-Zarqawi's first wife, said al-Qaida's top leadership reached a deal with U.S. intelligence because al-Zarqawi had become too powerful...'I think a secret pact was struck whose immediate goal was his death," she told the newspaper. "In return, the American troops promised to ease, at least...
Kind of odd logic, although it makes sense since Appleworks comes free with some computers. Still, charge us for the parital products and then give it away for free when all the pieces come together would make me feel a bit used. Then again, I think Keynote alone has been worth the price of admission.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have used Aable and I recently purchasd DeltaGraph, but haven't really had a chance to dive into it yet. In addition to Cricket Graph, I was also a big user of Statview, which I still run (limp?) under OS9. I like the idea of numbers & charts, if it give charts greater flexability with various drawing tools etc.