or Connect

Posts by Carson O'Genic

I'm not sure what you are getting at in terms of 'different'? Obvioulsy the sequences of human DNA differ from other species (and a little bit between ourselves). There are some general sequence preferences that are characteristic of DNA from vastly different organisms like a virus, bacteria, fungus, vertabrates etc. But really they're all just strings of 4 nucleotides.
I use pages for a few things, but being a scientist my big limitation is that it doesn't work with referencing software. I use mostly Sente, but also Endnote if needed. A year back or so the folks at Sente said they had now way to plug in to Pages since Apple wasn't providing any tools for 3rd parties.
I don't believe this, but since some of are in a conspiracy mode. I give you...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060703/...raq_al_zarqawi "The woman, identified by La Repubblica as al-Zarqawi's first wife, said al-Qaida's top leadership reached a deal with U.S. intelligence because al-Zarqawi had become too powerful...'I think a secret pact was struck whose immediate goal was his death," she told the newspaper. "In return, the American troops promised to ease, at least...
Kind of odd logic, although it makes sense since Appleworks comes free with some computers. Still, charge us for the parital products and then give it away for free when all the pieces come together would make me feel a bit used. Then again, I think Keynote alone has been worth the price of admission.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have used Aable and I recently purchasd DeltaGraph, but haven't really had a chance to dive into it yet. In addition to Cricket Graph, I was also a big user of Statview, which I still run (limp?) under OS9. I like the idea of numbers & charts, if it give charts greater flexability with various drawing tools etc.
Well better late than never... http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0607charts.html I'm looking forward to this addition hoping that some basic charting functions will be available. But not as basic as what we have now. I've done a tremendous amount of charting using cricket graph and MacDraw (stuf from teh 80's and 90's). You would think they can throw something simple like that together with a little bit of new millennium polish.
Did you mean the forests? Sadly they're under some pressure, but maybe when the permafrost melts, they can move northward.
It has been a while since people talked about the population crises. I guess some think the doom and gloom didn't pan out, but really much of it has. We just get use to loosing are open space, environment, resources little by little. In an ideal world we would have stopped at a couple of billion people, but it is too late for that.
I'm glad someone started a thread on this. I was shocked by the sheer stupidity of this guy. I was curious how this was being viewed by his constituents and did some googling, without really knowing anything about his district. What i came up with was almost as pitiful. Check here: http://www.thecitizen.com/node/7602 Someone named Peter Pfeifer had this to say: "I’m a little unsure about how to say this. I’ve been trying to be a better person and a better...
You know those SciFi movies were the aliens attack Earth and there is nothing we can do to stop them. We throw bullets, bombs, laser guns, everything at them. Then we whip out the nuclear weapons or better yet the anit-matter. BUT! Before we go for it in one giant blast, someone realizes that the aliens feed off the the energy of our weapons. They eat our bullets for breakfast, they bask in the glow of our death rays only to get stronger. They exist to feed off of...