or Connect

Posts by Carson O'Genic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4467420.stm "Current levels of the greenhouse gases carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere are higher now than at any time in the past 650,000 years"
Doesn't the black iPod have issues with scratches showing really well? I can see complaints to no end if shiny black MacBooks look all scratched up.
I agree that the war-time arguement has been overblown, at least when it comes to terrorism - Iraq is a clear war. What botheres me is all the fear mongering they have done regarding terrorism. Yes we need to react tow what happened on 9/11. Yes it was very bad. However, does Fox news have a daily alert level running for driving danger? "There were 16,694 alcohol-related fatalities in 2004 – 39 percent of the total traffic fatalities for the year" ...
There is a big difference between one nut and the majority of the experts in an entire field or research. Ten years ago the many experts felt global warming was likely real, but they held off and admitted that the statistical analysis wasn't there yet. Simply, the temperature wasn't hot enough long enough. Nonentheless, it is a fact that we are pumping CO2 into the air (and some other gases), it is a fact that these gases are acumualting in the atmosphere (and now...
Perhaps the FISA court wasn't designed to handle massive dragnet spying programs, I guess that falls under the jurisdiction of the little document known as the constitution. So if what Bush wanted to do was logistically difficult under current FISA law, why didn't he just go to congress - which is controlled by his party - and ask for a few amendments to the law to ease the burden? My guess is he would have gotten most of what he wanted. Instead they just went ahead...
I have to agree. We have 3 players at the moment Bush>Cheney>Libby. The finger is pointing at Libby unless he turns around and points it at one of his bosses. I guess we also have teh Rove wildcard that may still get tossed into play.
Thankful unless you live anywhere along the coast. It is going to be interesting to see how sea level rise will mix with the poverty and high population of Bangladesh. Various island nations may simple cease to exist as populated countries. Here in my home state of California models suggest that things will get dryer. So this highly populated state that produces a big portion of the nation's agricultural crops is going to have less water. We already have water wars...
Yes to number 1. I wouldn't say 'feasible' in number 2, my word would be 'known'. Have you checked the daily temperature on Venus lately? Almost all climatologist agree on #3. I think we can safely say that #2 will is a major factor that minimize any natural cooling cycles and add to any natural heating cycles.
Actually, I think overpopulation is the number one problem facing our Earthly environment. If there weren't so many of us then we wouldn't be using so much fossil fuel and global warming wouldn't be happening so quickly. In other words, the problem didn't go away. It is just that people are really good at ignoring all the consequences of overpopulation and nobody in the media has made a big stink about overpopulation recently. Hardeeharar's parital list above of...
I agree that there is some risk. Just posted my thoughts on this in another thread, but the bottom line is that I think the dual boot option provides enough of a penalty that MacOS specific software has a clear advantage. You can run a PC game by itself just fine, but most other projects that are work related require seemless software interaction under one OS, otherwise is can become a royal pain. Since Adobe is going to require time to get Photoshop over to Macintel,...