or Connect

Posts by Carson O'Genic

EndNote used to be great then it was bought out and went to the dark side in my opinion. I use Sente now. Others like Bookends. Problem is your still stuck with MS word or Mellel. Apple needs to give the deelpers for these type of appsthe necessary tools they need to get their programs to wrok with Pages. If that happens, then Word will begin to gather dust on my desktop.
I got my 23" display at work about a year ago and no pink hue. I was worried about it at the time because most of the displaysin the Apple store were noticeably pink (how that was allowed to remain for so long is beyond me). The employees said it was a simple matter of adjustment (not so simple that they would do it on their own machines). Either way they said I could bring mine back, but I never had to. I'm also waiting to replace my CRT at home with hopefully a 24"...
I meant using garageband on your computer to cut a piece of music to use as a ringtone. Too much work, I agree, it should be easier than that.
I think Garageband works just fine.
If you can play your music on an iPod attached to one of the many boom box devices in a crowded park, then why can't you use your songs as a ringtone? Makes no sense.
Unfortunately, according to this: (via MacRumors) http://www.macwelt.de/news/messen/342764/index2.html (German) The answer is 'No'. Sounds like something they should be able to remedy. A simple addition to Address Book to choose a song for a person should be doable. Likewise for calander events etc. Seems real obvious.
I only heard a quick mention of ringtones for the new iPhone. It seems to me that since my music is already on the thing it should be easy to select any darn song i want as a ringtone. Does anybody know if this can be done? moreover, why not set specific ringtones for certain incoming callers? You know, Frank Zappa's 'The torture never stops" for when the wife calls...kidding.
Looks like shadow to me, aka weird lighting.
I like your guess! Welcome to the boards.
Aren't the LED screens more useful in the portable line (starting with the Pro model, off course) because of energy savings?