or Connect

Posts by Carson O'Genic

OS X resolution independence? Great thread. Thanks.
Good advice. By SF standards it has been darn cold lately, but the air quality is sparkling. Good time to go to Twin Peaks for a view of the city.Edit: Actually the wind is less today and I have to say that overall it was a very nice winter day today. Hope it stays this way for the rest of the week ahead.
Thanks for the info, but I recently switched to Sente (which they advertise as iTunes for references). I have thousands of references and hundreds of linked PDF files. I have no desire to switch again - too much work. For anyone who may be interested in an Endnote alternative: http://www.thirdstreetsoftware.com/index.cgi?page=senteI love pages because of the great graphics (no turning my PDFs in fuzzy bitshit). For grants, I sometimes write in word and add my and...
Looks disappointing to me. I'm getting tired of waiting for Apple to put the whole thing together. It really seems they are taking it as slowly as possible. I love and use Keynote all the time. Pages is good, but doesn't work with scientific reference managers (Sente, EndNote). I'm still using my little database in Appleworks which hobbles along without updates, I'm afraid it will never migrate over to iWork.
The modern art museum is right next door to Moscone Center. Also, you can take the BART (Subway) on Market street into the Mission (16th or 24th street) and go have a buritto on one of the many Mission St restaurants. If you walk along (east) on 24ths street you can see some of the many murals that decorate the buildings in the Mission. See: http://travel.nytimes.com/2005/11/20...b4fc2d&ei=5070
Hey, all discussions of the End of Days belongs in PoliticalOutsider! Very Funny.
Apple is one of the most recognized brands in the world, why mess with that? The only problem that it has ever caused was that the homage the name was paying to the Beatles' Apple Records has come back to bite them in ass a couple of times.
I also think new displays with built in isight cameras sound plausible. Video chat is such a cool thing and it really requires everyone to have a camera to get this technology out to the masses.
Why do you say 'the new congress', as if the Dems where the big problem???From the article "Thousands of earmarks have been stuffed into the spending bills pending before the lame-duck Congress this month...In 1991, according to the fiscal watchdog group Citizens Against Government Waste, Congress made fewer than 600 earmarks; by last year, the number had grown to almost 14,000 — many of them stealthily inserted in bills at the last minute, immune to review or challenge"It...
Me likey!