or Connect

Posts by Carson O'Genic

Here's my expeirience: I tried to plug my Shure SM57 mic into my monster cable 0.25 to miniplug adapter straight into my Alu and Dual G5 computers. The results was a very low level signal. Yes, I had the input level pegged to 11 in system prefs and I had to up the level in GB to max to hear much at all. What I heard sounded good and clean but very quite. You could hardley mix it with any of the loops because their signals were so much stronger. So my conclusion is...
Dave, I hope you and this thread get well soon.
Well its almost 5 am here in SF and me and my G5 are finally heading to sleep. I have a grant due before 9 am, but I'll check the web before my second round of sleep..If they have anything coming out then boy o' boy did they every keep it under wraps. Not a hint other than the date and our collective hopes. I' thinking we have a little longer for the next something, its too quite. Good morning east-coasters and goodnight moon..
Uh, why is this thread (or a new thread with the smae title) mentioned on AI home page as a news item, but I can't access it?
You guys is funny. Its '04-clear as day, but only on this frame??
I think Macrumors is quite fair in their presentation of rumors. I think their own sources, that are very reliable and show up on their front page, tend to only pipe up very shortly before a release. Good quality advanced rumors tend to come form Think Secret, which MacRumors will give you a heads up on-as well as any others around. They are a good clearinghouse for rumors and they give a good breakdown of the winners and losers. Appleturns delves into rumors about...
Not very tangential at all Frank777. I don't use Filemaker, just its little brother that is part of Appleworks, so I haven't been following the news that much on this app. I think i remember reading things about what a major upgrade it was going to be. I think that was around the end of last summer. I actually thought they had released it, to be honest. Your idea is an intersting one. As I mentioned, a limited database app is in AppleWorks and maybe they are going...
Yup, I agree that GB is one of those special Apple apps. Just to hear all the people on the web talking about dusting off their old instruments, its great. apple has managed to get people to become creative once again. Yesterday my 6-year old daughter decided to teach my wife how to use GB. That in itself is a testament to how well the software is designed. Off course, next thing you know my wife is sitting in front of the computer for 45 minutes with my daughter is...
Reasons why Apple is working on an Office suite: 1) AppleWorks has seen no major revisions in forever, and its not like Apple is giving up on the software front. 2) Keynote shows that they can and will take on parts of MS Office. It also shows what a better job they can do than MS. Keynote has been discounted recently and I expect a Keynote update bundled with the new Office suite some time this year. 3) Same goes for Safari vs. Explorer. 4) They need...