or Connect

Posts by Paul94544

Whenever I here that Song "yesterday" I cringe, I saw an interview with John where he was asked about all the songs he "co-wrote" with Paul. His answers to who wrote Yesterday was and I am paraphrasing:- "Oh God no! I would never write a song like that, I'm only interested in looking forward - not backwards, that was Paul's gig!"
[QUOTE=sunilraman;2051573]The disputed trademarks are for "iPad" in China. I still don't understand as an abstraction: if a USA company sued a Chinese company in U.S. for a set of Manderin glyphs in the US , how is this possible. The USA court would say " That's not English" and throw it out as frivoulous How can a company trademark a foreign name? It is meaningless to me. Now if instead they translated the characters into English and trademarked that well that...
Excuse me for pointing out something obvious But how can a Chinese entity trademark anything in a foreign language? I mean that would be like a big company in the China trademarking a series of Manderin characters, building said item in USA and exporting all over the world , and a USA company saying no we have the right to that name, HUH???? Also, The word "iPad" doesn't have an Chinese equivalent does it? by definiton it is they who are copying Apple...
lets see Foxconn FTE - 285 a month , me in San Francisco 7030 per month ratio is 24.7 to 1 Bowl of Noodles 25c in china is the same as $6.17 here Now I'm a well paid FTE here at end of my career earning about twice the average I wonder if the Worker in China pays 40% taxes though - I guess not? oh I just found out the tax rate is 10% at that level I take home about $4400 after state, and fed income tax so the Chinese worker appears better off than me on the surface,...
If you are being lied to, you are being controlled If you are being controlled, your are being lied to Nothing every changes , what do people who have power and control want? Answer: more power and control Let them have their fun, we are all damned
About 3 months ago I bought a movie on iTunes on my Mac Mini it played on my monitor perfectly - so I connected my Samsung 46" TV via a hdmi cable into my living room. Imagine my complete surprise and disgust, up pops a dialog box informing me that I am not allowed to play the movie on my HDTV device because I'm not licensed!. I mean WTF. Will airplay get me around this problem? Because of this I am not buying movies on Itunes anymore, So I just watch Netflix on the TV...
I agree thanks for the tip about Hang Seng I will take a look 20% pretty decent return. my goal has always been to average 12% per year and not to get too greedy. Depending on where we are in econ cycle I vary my strategy to suit. This year, as I said, I'm trying to limit downside potential. I don't think holding Apple long is as safe as riding it up and down its quarterley rolling cycles. I just got back in again at $490 and will hold until Apple board meets to issue a...
I sold my entire apple stake at $505 on Tuesday. If ever there was ever a sell signal the recent up tick is a classic example of one. Admittedly I didn't sell at the $525 top, but its really hard to figure out a top. Now look at it trading under 500 and all those fools who bought on $500+ hysteria on Wednesday are now looking at losses. I bought my stake at $364. I hope to try get back in at around 470-480 soon. I may even wait until after the iPad3 announcemnt or dollar...
Perhaps they should rename it the Samsung Galaxy Crap to commorate the milestone of being outsold by the Ipad. As a loyal Apple owner and its stock I personally am never ever ever ever going to buy a Samsung device again and I'm telling everyone else the same who ask. Yeah I bought one of their TV's 2 years ago. The Inteface is basically crap, designed by a moron. I mean it is really crappy pile of dung plus on top of that every time I move from one channel to another or...
Its pretty obvious IBM should change its name too when apple anounces the new BM service. "Blow Me" internet dating service