or Connect

Posts by DrBoar

Delicious Library is good in the US with its Amazon integration, however outside the US this is less useful and it shortcomings of only having 9 types of librarys as well as the more serious of no iPhone App made it a no go for me. Having a database that is no more mobile than my old white iBook, is of limited use for me.
Was this not supposed to be about Bento, not FM? As I have bought books and music for 30+ years, I am not allways sure if I have something or just heard about that book or CD. To that end I have used Bento with the input made on mac and the mobile database on the iPhone. Now I use iDatabase for OSX and iOS, way cheaper than FM and perfectly adequate for my use. Now I know if I have that Dire Strait on CD or LP on record instead in a memory that might not allways be...
I hope those brilliant people at IDC put their retirement funds in Nokia and other Phone 7.... Anyone knows how much time Zune would need to overtake that iPod thing, according to IDC "http://www.marketresearch.com/IDC-v2477/Zune-HD-Right-Time-2474350/"  
The thing is that while PCs will remain for a long time, smart phones, iPads (and soon smart TVs) will reduce the importance of PCs. To gain market share in smart phones or iPads MS have to make better implementations than Apple and Android. Just a good one will not do any major inroads as MS are late for the party on both markets. Perhaps they can focus on a platform agnostic Office 365 and the X-box as smart TV. They still have all those pro apps like servers, Exchange...
OK, so what if the W7phone is as good as a similarly priced Android or iOS phone. To sell it has to be prefered for some reason. To get something like all the apps and music in iTunes is to trival thing and then they still only have parity. MS will make them merge better with Office 365 and perhaps also subsidise the price and aim for the corporate market. But they can not lock the other out. The time when some websites only worked with explorer and MS "enhanced" java...
I thought that a return of SJ was as likely as Duke Nukem forever going GM I am happy to be wrong on both acccounts, and most happy for the former
There is a huge difference between making something that has not been sold for a while obsolete and something that is sold obsolete over night My dual G5 is obsolete as it does not work with 10.6 Office 2011, Firefox 4 but so what 10.6. But is was discontinued in 2006 and then rendered obsolete late 2009 by 10.6 and that is OK However, selling G3 GS right up to the the arrival of an iOS that it has no spport for would be really bad...
...just like Zune took over the mp3 player market
The oldfashion TV is dying there is no reason for Apple to enter a sinking ship. Shure there is room for a large screen in the living room for seeing news, sport and all the rest. But to a schedule set by the end user not by a TV company. The current cable tv mess were you have to pay for packages instead of being able to shoose individual chanels will also have to go. I now pay for 40 chanels to be able to wiev ten The current Apple TV is lame as many functions...
back in the 90s having a IIfx, or PM 7500 acually meant that scrolling in Word and editing a small image was way faster than in a office compiter and way way faster than a portable computer. Now portable computers is more than fast enough for such apps and much more. An iMac is even more powerful. So the step up from iMac to Pro is needed by fewer now. The pro is not dead it is just relegated to a smallar share of the market