or Connect

Posts by VanDeWaals

Sell the 12". To me. For $100. This is not the PowerBook you want to keep. You don't need to re-negotiate my offer price. In all seriousness, I would keep the 12". Faster processor, newer too I think. More portable, etc.
Most wireless access points that I can think of are routers as well... The CHEAPEST way to go might just be to get a wireless card for your PC. It could be a PCI card with an antenna, or it could be a USB dongle. Usually, you would be getting an access point as well so that the PC could connect to the internet wirelessly. However, with the wireless antenna installed you can use the PC itself as an access point. AirPort equipped Macs allow this functionality, and I...
I actually got one of the 6 GB minis on Monday (silver). My first iPod ever! So far I'm digging i immensely. I actually had placed an order online, but my inclusion of a Firewire cable had pushed the ship date way back. So, I removed the cable and wandered over to the Cambridge, MA Apple Store to buy the cable (and an AC adapter for kicks and giggles). Low and behold, there's a pile of iPods behind the counter! New minis, new photos, even a bunch of shuffles. I...
I'd guess a month or so. That's how long it took for 10.3.1 if I recall...
http://chit.sourceforge.net/ Works well for me, probably the best solution I have found. I use Yahoo's official IM app for OS X to compliment it.
The playlists are indeed stored in the "ITunes Music Library.itl" file. Backing this file up will back up your playlists as well.
You know what, I think I know what the problem is. I looked up the model on Everymac.com, and it says it only supports up through 9.1. The Apple CD/DVD driver that comes with 9.2.2 must not work with the old drive. Crap. Well, does anyone have the CD/DVD extension from 9.1 lying around?
Everything I have tried has been a CD. My OS 9 disk and my Panther disks are all CD's (as far as I can tell). Basically, I think the driver that was installed with 9.2.2 simply doesn't support this model drive, although I thought it should...that's why I'm asking where I can find it. Unless someone has another idea (sigh).
I recently came into possession of a 350 MHz G3 iMac that was getting junked at work (still in perfect working order, or at least it WAS...) I brought it home and booted it up. I found that OS 9.0 was installed on it. I then pulled out the OS 9.2.2 install disk I had from my PowerBook and wiped the HD before installing 9.2.2. So far so good. Once I was rebooted in 9.2.2, I went to Software Update and ran it. I updated CarbonLib, a couple of other apps, and also got...
I don't know if you can do that. I have my computer hooked up to my DSL through a wired router, and I also have an AirPort Express to stream to my stereo and to act as a print server. I have ethernet set as the first port in my prefs as well, and if I open the summary pane, it says I am on my wireless network, but that I am "connected to the internet" via ethernet. I have a 10.0.1.X address for my AirPort connection and a 192.168.0.X address for my ethernet. Are any...