or Connect

Posts by VanDeWaals

I agree. I never understood the big deal about tabs until I finally took the plung and tried Chimera when 0.6 came out. Before I was strictly IE. It really is nice to be able to have everything organized within a single window. Especially if you are looking up something on multiple pages. I may not be a zealot yet...but I have the ferver of the newly converted! Now...all Chimera has to do is fix that damm bug where it suddenly goes to 100% CPU usage and you...
Just downloaded it. Took like half an hour on 768 kbps DSL. I immediately threw in the 10.2 install CD and ran Disk Repair and Permissions Repair (for kicks and giggles). Nothing appears to be broken . Although it didn't seem to fix my issues with Yahoo Instant Messenger 2.5.1 (crashes on quit and session expires when I try to send an IM). Mail seems more responsive, but maybe I'm just seeing things. Cheers! -I.M. VanDeWaals
[quote]Originally posted by progmac: stupid question: what does MDD stand for?
Mirror Drive Doors (the ones over the optical drive bays) I.M. VanDeWaals
I have the Kensington PocketMouse Pro for my PowerBook. It has a retractable cord (stows in the mouse with a wind up mechanism like a window shade). It is a two button mouse with a scroll wheel. They also just intro'd a PocketMouse Pro Wireless with a USB widget that stows in the mouse (which I think is kinda groovy). I like...
As a matter of confession, I have copied a couple of friends' CD's in my day, but I bought all of them later. I, like many people have mentioned, rip many of my own CD's to my powerbook to listen to while working. I am VERY against this limitation of my Fair Use rights. And it also begs a question I'm sure has been asked before. WHY are the record labels so unwilling to embrace downloadable digital music? I submit this for your consideration: what if the record...
[quote]Originally posted by Brad: It's so strange. I have no idea if this will be fixed any time soon.
Have you noticed this in any other browser? I never tried it in IE or Netscape (the only other browsers I use). I only checked because my fan was priming for take off with 2 fairly innocuous apps open. I am assuming its browser specific. I wonder if Mozilla and Netscape suffer this, since they use the same basic core code. I am...
I read a thread recently where the original poster had observed that Chimera used a large % of the CPU. I noticed something similar tonight. I was sitting at my desk with Yahoo Messenger and Chimera open, thats all. All of a sudden my fan kicks in on turbo. Puzzled, I opened CPU Monitor and Process Viewer, and saw that Chimera was eating about 60% of my CPU. At the time, I was reading DSLreports.com. I clicked...
[quote]Originally posted by browncow: There are visual basic apps on versiontracker that will do the firmware updates. It worked for my Linksys router (not wireless) fine. I'd look into how easy administration is, and if you have to have a hardwired computer to administer the wi-fi access.
I'll look on VersionTracker. I assume when you mean "hardwired" that you have to have a computer plugged into the router. I know the linksys is...
Hello All Long time ghoster, first time poster. I have a powerbook G4 with airport card running 10.2.2. I would like to get a wireless basestation, but do not want to spend $300 on an Airport Basestation. However, in researching alternatives, I am a little leary of the Mac-unfriendliness of most of them. I liked the Linksys, but it seems like a real pain if you need to update the firmware. I can get it for $120, however (Best Buy). So now I'm torn. Are there ANY...