or Connect

Posts by JasonPP

I would like to see Apple's take on something like this: http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/333/C1383/ Using SD including Airport or Bluetooth {for wireless dragging and dropping file/folder copy} maybe a nice 2MP digital camera with 640x480 30fps video capture. Can all this be had with a long battery life? Anyone here about the status of those recently announced 70% efficient solar panels?
Government ended the strike. Seems their new powers have other uses then "security"
Thanks for the responses. The client uses an AVAYA VPN client I believe, and there is no Apple version of that software. I understand Windows 2000 under VPC can do pretty much everything a Wintel machine can.. so I'm hoping it will work..
I'm looking to get a powerbook, but I need to use a clients VPN network, and they ONLY support windows 2000. Anyone set up VPN networks with VPC(win2000)? Any problems I should look out for? Thanks!
I owned a Motorola V100 (for about a month) and the size of the keyboard had nothing to do with it's crappiness. The keys gave no feedback that they had been pushed, and there was a time lag between pressing a key and the letter appearing. This combined with a confusing keyboard layout, terrible OS, zero syncing with desktop apps, and no GPRS WAP or Web made the V100 useless to say the least. The sidekick is completly different and has been developed with it's use in...
Me too. Although I'm getting a Exilim 2MP if Apple doesn't come out with a camera by the time I can get one.. Check it out: http://www.exilim.com sample shots: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/pc/docs/2002/0829/yamada.htm review:
Casio has a 2 Megapixel CMOS and lens asembly on chip. They're using it in their 3.5" x 2" x 0.4" thick Exilim cameras. Apple can add this and the minimal supporive chipset (taking up what looks like around 1 inch square) into the EXSITING IPOD case, add a colour screen, enhanced sofware and a few buttons. Since picture chipset is cheap they can increase their GM and profit. I get my 35mm film developed to CD, and they scan the images at 1400x1000. This is fine for up to...
So because no one buys expensive (film cost) instant cameras anymore, Apple shouldn't make a digital camera? Homer: "Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm." Lisa: "That's specious reasoning, Dad." Homer: "Thank you, dear." Lisa: "By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away." Homer: "Oh, how does it work?" Lisa: "It doesn't work." Homer: "Uh-huh." Lisa: "It's just a stupid rock." Homer: "Uh-huh."...
While I agree Apple should be concentrating on what they do best, high margin products with mass appeal and growing market that can integrate into their iApps are very attractive. Digital cameras are no where near saturation and still in the growth phase. High margin digital devices that enhance the Mac experience are critical to Apple's growth in the down market. If you're not willing to spend lots of $$$ on a new computer, you might be willing to get a iApp enhanced...
iZippo