or Connect

Posts by bxs6408

Whenever you download the data will first pass through the File Cache on its way to your physical disk. So as the download proceeds the file cache will grow up to a max where all of your RAM is being used. When the download completes the data in the File Cache will remain until say Applications need more RAM and then the File Cache will reduce. It's all about the system making efficient use of your RAM capacity. It's a good design.
My 12-core MP6,1 is on time. Ordered Dec 21st 2013 and will be ready for me to pickup at my local Apple Store (more secure this way) Mar 6th or earlier. It's status is preparing for shipment and my CC has been invoiced. Just in time for big project that needs more computing horsepower. I will be connecting 2x 4TB RAID-0 LaCie 2bigs to it as well as a 20TB 5-bay MacGurus eSATA Port Multiplier. I will also trade in the stock Apple 16GB RAM to OWC for around $112 and buy the...
My 6-core plus extra software and AppleCare came in at $5673.97 + $539.03 tax (EPP program was used) and will be available for pickup at my local Apple Store Feb 6, 2014.   I will need to talk with local Apple Store to find out whether the software costs for FCPX, LPX and Aperture are zero per the online store stating "This version is a free update for current users of Final Cut Pro X." for example.   Details Available to ship: January Available for...
Well, I got an alert message from http://www.istheapplestoredown.com ...The Apple Online Store went down at 2305 hrs PST. Apple presumably was serious about updating things that hopefully include the new Mac Pro. I suspect it will be online again in a few hours.... so back to my movie watching. :D
I haven't posted to AppleInsider for some time. I believe I started reading AppleInsider back in 1998 when it started and actually registered in 2002.   I used to goto AppleInsider regularly for decent info and great in depth discussions about the Apple Mac products. Of late I've not participated much at all, but regularly pop in to see what's being discussed.   Today as I'm in the market for buying the late 2013 Mac Pro which is a real departure from the pre-2013 Mac...
Hmmm.... they've left just the dark Gray Smart cover for the iPad 2 but then have not offered the dark Gray Smart cover for the iPad Air... that is also strange. I also would like to know what the weight of the Smart cover is for the new iPad Air so that I know what the total weight will be for iPad Air plus the Smart cover. Note that the the new iPad Air Smart covers now have ONLY 3 foldable flaps vs. the 4 foldable flaps on the older Smart covers. Hopefully this will...
I wonder if they will place a bronze statue of Steve at the center of the park or at least somewhere in a shaded place for people to get inspiration ?
No problems using 3GS or iPhone 4 in my 2010 Prius auto. Works fine without issues. The only thing is I cannot use radio or steering wheel controls to skip a song or skip forward. Have to use the Phone itself for that function(s) which kind of defeats hands-free play back. No matter, I'm quite happy with BT iPhone in my Prius.
So u may have obtained one or more Sat Apr 3rd but for others that pre-ordered for home delivery they got theirs today. Two different events and AppleInsider is simply discussing today's event. I was please to see the article as I was interested in the review. Why don't you post your review since you've had yours for 3 days now. Thanks...
No doubt about it. Apple will sell as many as they can ship. I was hoping to see iPad notification for sale starting this past Monday Mar 1st. Hmmmm, so it's likely to be Mar 26 when people start receiving Emails the iPad is available for ordering. As I have an iPhone 3G (has GPS already) already I think my best option will be the Wi-Fi model, so Mar 26th can't come quick enough. If for some reason I'm not happy with it or feel the need for the 3G version we will end up...