or Connect

Posts by Katonah

Dear Trolls, I have the 13 inch macbook air late 2010, and have experienced none of the discussed so-called video problems. Therefore, the problem doesn't exist. If you think that is a stupid statement, it is as stupid as drawing a conclusion from an unknown number of problematic hardware. Perhaps there is one defective unit. Millions produced, one defect. TIME TO RIOT!
That's sort of my situation. I wanted the 4gb upgrade since I use Parallels to run windows and like to run lots of programs simultaneously. I have a 13" macbook pro w 4gb ram and 160gb drive. My new MBA came today, been using it for 1 hour. Initial thoughts... 1. first time I used migration assistant, it took only 22 minutes for about 80gb of data! 2. WOW to the screen - same screen size as the macbook pro but feels like 50% larger due to resolution - now I see what the...
My iphone defaults to http://iphone.appleinsider.com in mobile safari. It seems pretty nice as a small scale version of this site.
I ordered the 13" model with 4 gb memory and it said ships in 3-5 days. So far 2 days and no ship.... With the stellar reviews the new AIRS are getting, I don't think Apple can make them fast enough! Like all their other newer products. What a pleasant problem to have.
My wife cares. She didn't buy a car because the interior color was not to her liking. She's been waiting for a white iphone 4. Maybe she'll give up now. Some people just want that color! WOMEN!
Great idea -thanks... I just hate the idea of paying a data fee PER DEVICE. I already pay that on our iphones, and home internet. One price for multiple portable devices seems much better to me. Is that so wrong?!!!
This sounds much, much better to me than anything else I've heard about. I have an ipad 3g, a macbook pro, and my wife has an ipad wifi. Right now, I have to pay AT&T $30 or so for data on just the ipad 3g. With the virgin mobile, I can (after purchasing device) pay $40 and all three devices plus two more can use the mifi service, and I can use it for one month when I travel and then not renew the next month when I am home with my home network. Perfect! How do you like it...
I'm with you, I just know it's gonna be: magical and revolutionary!!!
Two years ago I bought a macbook for $999, to be used casually in my family room, when all I needed was an iPad. Only the iPad wasn't for sale yet. Last year I bought a macbook pro for business, when all I need a macbook air.... but the macbook air (the model I wanted) was way too expensive for me. So if they come out with a macbook air that is, say 2.5 pounds, 4gb memory, nice sized drive, and BETTER PRICE, I would love to own one. Even if the screen is 11.7". ...
I agree, 2.5 rating is low. Netflix alone adds great value for me.... in that it will enable me to reduce the cost of my cable tv bill. Amortize the $99 cost of the Apple tv over 3-5 years and it seems to be pennies a month that will result in saving $30-40 a month in cable tv movie channel bills. Less the $9 monthly from Netflix. Everything else is gravy. And not everyone that buys an Apple TV is a tecky-geeky type that cares about codecs, software apps, or higher...