or Connect

Posts by Katonah

This sounds much, much better to me than anything else I've heard about. I have an ipad 3g, a macbook pro, and my wife has an ipad wifi. Right now, I have to pay AT&T $30 or so for data on just the ipad 3g. With the virgin mobile, I can (after purchasing device) pay $40 and all three devices plus two more can use the mifi service, and I can use it for one month when I travel and then not renew the next month when I am home with my home network. Perfect! How do you like it...
I'm with you, I just know it's gonna be: magical and revolutionary!!!
Two years ago I bought a macbook for $999, to be used casually in my family room, when all I needed was an iPad. Only the iPad wasn't for sale yet. Last year I bought a macbook pro for business, when all I need a macbook air.... but the macbook air (the model I wanted) was way too expensive for me. So if they come out with a macbook air that is, say 2.5 pounds, 4gb memory, nice sized drive, and BETTER PRICE, I would love to own one. Even if the screen is 11.7". ...
I agree, 2.5 rating is low. Netflix alone adds great value for me.... in that it will enable me to reduce the cost of my cable tv bill. Amortize the $99 cost of the Apple tv over 3-5 years and it seems to be pennies a month that will result in saving $30-40 a month in cable tv movie channel bills. Less the $9 monthly from Netflix. Everything else is gravy. And not everyone that buys an Apple TV is a tecky-geeky type that cares about codecs, software apps, or higher...
My AppleTV was ordered 9/3 and in the last hour went to "Prepared for Shipment" status. And "cancel order" is now greyed out as an option. In case anyone delayed ordering like me until 9/3! Of course my penalty for delaying is I'll probably have to wait until 10/1 or 10/2 for delivery!
No, you're not the only one! I think it's overpriced, especially for a product that becomes discounted over time. Parallels 5 has always been $79.99 but Amazon has been selling it for $39.00, same as the student price. I'm sure version 6 will be discounted after the initial excitement dies down. I saw the link here for the 9.99 upgrade to fusion and think I will try that, not going to pay 49.99. I don't need bells and whistles, just want the fastest VM program I can find!
I bought Parallels 4 in Sept. 2009. 5 weeks later, version 5 came out. I received an email offering a discounted upgrade. I wasn't happy to have to pay anything but decided it would be worth it. I filled out a full page form, waited a week, then got an email stating: I wasn't "eligible" for the upgrade price! It explained that it was really designed for "older" versions or some BS like that. I was furious and sent an email to the president of Parallels,...
I have a Lexus and no problems with the bluetooth connection. Maybe different car manufacturers' have different ways of finding a bluetooth device? Probably just a software glitch that needs tweaking....
Will OS4 allow you to print from an Ipad? That's what I want to know.
This thread and the others on the subject are just a bunch of b.s. In the real world 99.999% of the users have no problem and everyone focuses on the .001 percent that do. There is no doubt in my mind that in areas of weak cell signals, you may have a problem with the iphone 4 dropping calls, just like other phones. Since most people use some sort of case I would imagine that the .001 percent figure could be cut in half, at least. So it is a very small number I would...