or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

That sounds like a reasonable idea, but historically, analysts have done the same thing with Apple, manipulating the stock price whether Apple beat or "missed" the analyst's own forecast, yet you do not see the same behavior with other tech companies.  I get that it's an easy way to make money, given Apple is so prominent and slight shifts in valuation and stock price can be significant swings in real dollars for the analysts and their customers.  But that does not make it...
Even this headline, that Apple "missed" expectations, is part of the problem. They missed financial analysts expectations, but beat their own guidance. I know I would rather follow what the company says to expect, than to use an outsider's either high or low numbers, which they do mostly to manipulate stock pricing. It's crazy that some companies who perform below expectation, see upward ticks in their stock, but Apple seemingly can't win, as increases in sales and...
My local store, for the couple of times I've been there in the past week, I've only seen 2 people trying on and subsequently purchasing Apple Watches. There were far more people at the iPhone's and MacBook displays, although I'm not sure what that means in the big scheme. The Genius I talked to said he really loves his Watch, even though he wasn't a watch wearer previously. He likes the notifications and found that his iPhone was staying in his pocket far more, and the...
Please, please tell me how you could construe CNBC's portrayal of the Apple Watch as anything other than click-bait?  From the only 70 people lined up at launch, which I have to question which "launch" it was given the initial launch didn't have Watches in store and now that they're just starting to hit stores, it's after a month of people already having time to order online, to the blatant lies and selective quoting that the other "reporter" told.  Either CNBC is...
The tone of the piece is such because CNBC is creating a negative out of thin air, otherwise know as lying. This type of click bait reporting seems to be leveled against Apple on a regular basis, and in the case of financial news is likely done to manipulate Apple stock.
Adoption and use of FaceTime on iPhones is still a significantly low number and with several generations of people seemingly averse to talking on a phone, let alone video talking with someone, my guess is there is little need for Apple to push forward with a wrist-worn video communicator.     Sure, it's the future a great number of us who grew up in the 60's and 70's thought was destined to be, but times have changed and the future hasn't exactly followed what sci-fi...
I was really referring to the time spent on Music.  It's the point in the presentation that I effectively stopped paying attention, because it just didn't have any value for development, in the way new hardware would have.  Say for example, an Apple TV update would give developers yet another medium to work with and make money from.  It didn't help that Iovine is not a good presenter or speaker.  Honestly, he seemed like a throwback to the old music business and I'm...
I completely agree with your sentiments.  My thought when they spent so much time on Apple Music was, this is a developers meeting presentation.  How are developers going to monetize Apple Music?  I know the answer...They're not, so this was really just a product launch presentation and a poor one at that. Iovine may be a smart guy with chops in the music industry, but he didn't present himself or Apple or Apple Music well.  My opinion was that this was the worst WWDC...
As much as I feel for the employees who felt like they were treated poorly, and also understand the needs of companies to protect from losses, my question is...how much shrinkage / theft was Apple seeing?  It must have been significant enough to even start the search policy, and if it wasn't, then Apple was indeed treating employees as if they were thieves.  As is typical in society, there are going to be a small number of people who make bad choices and do things like...
I have not yet had the time to dig into this, but will iT Radio survive as a free service?  I see that Radio is still on iTunes on El Capitan and iOS 9 beta, but they didn't really say whether it will be around, did they?