or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Yes, they're doing it to simply throw Samsung off, and get them to invest in something they too have no use for. Brilliant, Apple.
So what exactly is the point of wrapping your already aluminum iPhone with a "bumper" of aluminum? It can't be anything other than personalization, right? Because it just doesn't make sense to me. Not that I don't appreciate the effort that went into making it, or the look, which is great, but how is it adding anything to the iPhone?
I find that both too wet and too dry fingertips causes recognition issues.  I am on my third 5s (first was color exchange, the second bricked) and the sensor seems to work better than the first two phones.  It's a pretty much seamless experience - I hardly ever have to key in my access code. I wish my iPad and various Macs had a similar feature - beats the heck out of keying in passwords.
Why don't we all pass this article along to the mass press - NBC, CNN, Fox, etc. and call out IDC for what amounts to a bogus article knocking Apple for something they should NOT be doing, making anything and selling it at a loss for the almighty market share number...   Shills like IDC and Gartner are simply promoting the companies who are writing them checks, trying to make Apple (who doesn't pay them) look bad.  And I would bet that they have some connections to...
It's got to be tough - to be a company stuck holding up a big portion of the enterprise IT market, unable to change even if they wanted to.  MS can't change how they do things because they have created this monster that is enterprise IT - those people working directly in EIT and the multitude of businesses built specifically around servicing this market will not change.  There is too much at stake for all the stakeholders in EIT.   It's why IT departments fought the use...
I'm betting that Google wanted Tony, not Nest or Protect.  Sure, the connected home will at some point in the future be meaningful dollars-wise for lots of businesses, but a thermometer and smoke detector (at the very high end of the market) are not likely to drive enough volume to make it worth $3B.
I prefer my Seiko Arctura Automatic - no batteries, no winding, no plugging it in. It tells the time and date. I wear it because it's a great looking piece of jewelry and it functions as it's supposed to. I think that a lot of people wear watches for exactly the same reason. It's not just a functional thing - it's an accessory like clothing or other jewelry is. I'm sure there are people who just want function in a watch, but I don't see the smart watch as being the...
What sets Apple apart from Samsung (there are lots of things of course) is that Apple is great at marketing the user experience with any particular product.  Just making a big (or small) tablet isn't ground-breaking.  Figuring out how the consumer uses it is where Apple really shines.     It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a tablet line might be comprised of a small (phablet), medium and large format offering.  They might all do the same basic...
The argument that people make about building a comparable PC to the Mac Pro is flawed because no normal business, say a graphics or video production company is going to be buying parts to assemble a PC version - in hopes of saving some money (or in this case more likely spending more).   I understand the comparison is being made to prove a point - that Apple doesn't have an "Apple tax" when you make direct comparisons.  So if anyone wants to compare pricing - go to the...
I'm guessing the ad was created by an agency who, undoubtably, use Macs. Perhaps as their own poke at MS? Regardless, this is one of those things that should not have gotten past all the people who must have had their names on check boxes for reviewing the ad. DED should be sending this piece along to a few of the major news outlets - would be funny to see how MS responds.