or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Wow, do those watches look old-school. And not in a good way.
As noted, I think the reason the press has grabbed a hold of this rumor is that when you think about product categories that Apple could get into, where there is significant room for product improvement (which is what Apple does best), while still offering them the ability to make big money, there are only a few options. The television set, btw, is not one of them. Although I'm sure Apple could sell more tv's than they could produce, they would need to either sell at...
For once, I agree with Icahn. Apple is, and has always been, undervalued, especially when compared to other companies in the tech sector - even though tech is just part of what makes Apple who they are. It's great to see investors pushing Apple positive to make their money, instead of the typical "analysts" who throw out crap bad "news" about Apple in order to drive the price per share down so they make their money on shorting the stock.
I would guess he's probably close with his predictions.  The iPad has likely hit close to its saturation point and given the size increase in iPhones, many people, myself included, use the iPad much less and have less reason to upgrade.   Going bigger will simply open up a percentage of the market that wants / needs a bigger screen size, but I don't see it being a game changer that gets millions to upgrade from the iPad 4, Air and Air 2.     I'm not even convinced a...
I always find it interesting how borrowing money to do stock buybacks, when you have cash on hand, makes more sense. It tells me our tax system isn't working right.
Stock manipulation happens all the time and given Apple's size and the amounts of money to be made, even small swings based upon negative or flat analyst predictions can have huge payouts to their investors or the firms themselves. If any of them deny they're doing exactly that - manipulating the market, then they should be fired for being more wrong about Apple on a consistent basis, than just about any publicly traded company.
As long as your phone is plugged in, in the car or at home, there is zero need to press a button. Just say Hey Siri and whatever you want "her" to do. That's kind of the point with Siri hands free. As soon as you have to start pushing buttons, you're back to being distracted.
I just don't see people "using" an Apple watch in the same way they do an iPhone. That is, it would be strange to be spending an inordinate amount of time looking at and interacting with a watch-sized device, when you can just as easily use your iPhone where you'll see things much bigger and can properly interact. You have to have your iPhone with you anyway, so continually looking at a tiny screen to see portions of messages or notifications just doesn't make sense to...
Very true about many engineers, however Ford's process had to involve designers too.  Unless MS was telling both teams that what they really wanted wasn't possible (which is likely how things went down), I find their system inexcusably bad.  Chrysler's system, on the other hand, is fantastic.  It's as if they watched the train wreck that was Ford MyTouch and addressed all the negatives, both functionally and visually.  I can't wait to get my new JGC SRT with it.
MS's Sync for Ford is complete crap.  Every time I get a rental Ford, I'm thoroughly disappointed in how it works (or rather, doesn't work).  I just can't believe Ford signed up with MS in the first place.  You would have thought Ford's engineers and marketing folks would have recognized just how bad Sync was the first time they looked at it.  I've even been in an Explorer where the entire system rebooted while I was driving.  Not a great thing when the touch-screen system...