or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

I think the taller form factor makes sense - from a personal standpoint that I have a tall face and when talking on the phone directly, it will "fit" me better.  Hopefully the new screen will help reduce battery usage more than what the LTE radios will demand extra so that we get a real day's use out of the new phone.  Traveling last week, I ended the day, barely, with 2-3% left on my 4S and quite clearly was limiting my use as the battery drained.  I'm ok just making it...
Comments from a financial analyst have nothing to do with whether a Moto (Android) or Windows mobile fan is on the fence - it's all about brand marketing and overall company prospects.  It's hard for any other company to compete with Apple's marketing prowess, at least as far as a single product is concerned.  Apple's integrated and complimentary systems and products to this day have not been challenged by any competitor and no other company is even showing signs that...
Apple is doing what Apple does well - not just accepting a current tech, but looking for ways to improve things for both the consumer and provider of services and things.  They have a real shot at changing how things are done and of all the companies out there, Apple has the best shot of success, IMHO.
Some reporter should be writing a story about the costs/savings associated with adoption of iPhone and iPad both in government and enterprise.  I'm really curious to know how much of a savings or cost there is to replacing other smart (or dumb) phones with an iPhone as well as how much some businesses have saved when they allow their employees to purchase an iPhone (and/or iPad) on their own dime compared to a company purchase of a competing phone or tablet.  And to know...
Yep.  Anyone who thinks Apple needs to make trashy, throw--away phones to compete with the trashy throw-away Android phones has completely misunderstood who Apple is and what value they bring to the equation.
It's been proven, financially, that the halo effect the iPhone brings to Apple's other products is real.  Get more consumers, those that have less to spend than traditional market consumers, to buy into the Apple eco-system and chances increase greatly that those consumers will then spend more on other Apple products.  The issue Apple grapples with is the fact that the consumer experience needs to be top-notch regardless of whether it's with the cheapest/oldest of...
Yes - but your example has two huge differences.  1. Apple stores are always filled with people (from my own experiences at least) and 2. The people shopping Apple stores want, and buy, the products they sell.   Microsoft stores may have customers who want their product (I'm guessing because I've never been to one to see whether people are buying things there), but they're certainly not filled to capacity as it seems Apple stores are (which I'm gleaning this information...
So 845032, do you give Apple credit for anything?  Or are they just copying someone else on everything they do?   And what reason do you have for defending Samsung - or are you just purposely doing what you're doing on an Apple-based and Apple biased website?   Nevermind.  I'm simply feeding the troll and I know that does no one any good.  Maybe I'll go over to www.samsunginsider.com, or is it www.sammyinsider.com or maybe I should jump over to www.samrumors.com...
Not as a knock or to stereotype, but copying / borrowing ideas, products, etc is a common and accepted practice in the eyes of many Asians.  Of course the same thing could be said of Europeans, North Americans, and others.  If we look, whether it's obvious or not, we will see examples of copying in just about every market, every product.   Creating and executing on unique ideas, be they smart phones or store layouts, is not as easy as one would make it out to be....
It's ok.  I know how tough it can be to create a new logo and there will always be those that don't like whatever gets chosen.  It's the nature of design.