or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Not exactly related to the hearing aid issue, but I'm really surprised Apple hasn't gone after the active noise suppression headset business yet.  If the phones are already using their own active noise reduction circuitry for phone calls, why haven't they pushed the ability out to listening to music or movies?
Forecast - Apple sales of new iPhone will exceed expectations for some and be below expectations for others - given the fact that financial pundits/analysts spout-off about Apple in order to manage their piece of the company.   My guess is that Apple will sell lots of iPhones, lots of the purported iPad mini, lots of Apple television sets.  They'll keep selling lots of iPad 3's and their stock price will keep going up.  The fact that they're paying dividends will...
Seems to be Samsung attorneys are using a classic form of negotiation - when things aren't going your way, deflect attacks by changiing the subject.  I have a feeling the judge isn't going to like this very much as I'm not seeing how they can relate this back to the case at hand.
iPad mini seems to be a natural outgrowth for an iOS device.  Just like the iPod was offered in a variety of sizes and styles, it would make perfect sense to do the same thing with iOS devices - iPod touch, iPhone, iPad mini, iPad.   I know this isn't what the conversation is about, but Apple has such a tight consumer base, compared to any Android offering, that there is a very good chance that Apple can simply take the majority share of market in the iPad market,...
Wait, I'm not so sure you're talking value adding anything in your points.  Amoled vs lcd - it's different sides of the same coin.  They're both screens.  Is this what the lawsuit is about? Size is not a value either, given it's purely subjective.  I'm 6' 3", does that make me better than you are at 5' 11"?  Is this what the lawsuit is about?   User replaceable batteries?  And what pray tell value does that bring?  Sounds to me more like an excuse for not making the...
What Moto/Google is trying to do is a scam.  I would argue that if they're trying to collect from Apple, after already collecting from Qualcomm, then they might as well ask the judge to rule that every consumer using an iPhone should have to pay too.  Why stop at triple dipping - make every retailer, distributor, etc pay too.  It's only fair right?
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I don't want to have to wade through tons of crap, just to get to the good stuff.  Best Buy is full of high profit (for them) crap that no one is buying and a large amount of low profit product that not enough people are buying.  That's just a recipe for death of a retailer.  After all these years they're still selling ungodly high priced hdmi cables because why?  Because they use them as an add-on when selling a new tv, as the cable...
It's a tough business to be in - advertising, that is.  We can all complain that these ads were not Apple's finest, yet we don't know what Apple actually hoped to achieve with the ads.  Heck, I've been using Macs since the late 80's and think of myself as being pretty fluent in both Mac and PC software and hardware.  But I too find myself flustered with doing things like making a video.  iMovie, once you figure out what you're doing with it, IS a very easy to use program...
No, my dream was the inspiration for the detailed drawings I created, albeit in pencil, that clearly show a tablet very similar to what became the iPad. Therefor I do indeed have prior art for the design and even some functionality on the os given my notes about the symbols onscreen and video playback capability.I'm feeling pretty secure about this now and look forward to my day in front of the judge. Apple is going to look so bad.
I had this dream, I was sitting at my desk at work, which happened to be a company that manufactured cheap plastic craft and photo products, back when I worked there in the late 80's and as usual, I was tired of dealing with the boring number crunching I had to do for Wal-Mart, my largest customer, on the plastic canvas we sold them.  This was back in the day when computers were still a thing that not everyone had and the ones we were using were horrible, at best, green...