or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

I had this dream, I was sitting at my desk at work, which happened to be a company that manufactured cheap plastic craft and photo products, back when I worked there in the late 80's and as usual, I was tired of dealing with the boring number crunching I had to do for Wal-Mart, my largest customer, on the plastic canvas we sold them.  This was back in the day when computers were still a thing that not everyone had and the ones we were using were horrible, at best, green...
+1.  What an idiotic statement to make.  So, yes, Apple copied MS.  But because Apple has the ability to time travel, they can take the ideas from companies like MS today and go back in time, write a patent application and then be credited for something they didn't create.  And of course they didn't actually create the time machine, but just stole the idea from some other company (probably Samsung) in the future and we just don't realize that's the case now.   Stupid...
The issue of whether Samsung created and manufactures components (and patents many of the same) isn't the issue being challenged here.  Apple works with Samsung and buys a boat-load of parts from them.  The issue is that, Apple goes to Samsung to buy parts for a new product.  Samsung is privy to the design because they have build parts based upon design specs.  Then for some reason, pure coincidence of course, Samsung changes their design for smartphones to look very much...
The issue regarding the "Sony - Jony" iPhone mock-up is so far from being proof that Apple copied Sony and therefore wasn't the creator of the original design model for the iPhone in question, that I wonder why Apple cares or Samsung thinks it will have any impact other than to prove Apple came up with the design.  It was an Apple employee that created the "Sony" iPhone example - not based upon any Sony designs of the time but rather his vision of what a Sony iPhone...
They mention other potential vendors having only 30 days to submit.  So, who were the other vendors?  And I believe the issue is that after Apple had their bid in, then other vendors had 30 days to submit a "better" offer to the MTA.  Sounds completely reasonable to me.  How else would it happen?  They make it out that Apple was the only company allowed to negotiate over the course of 2 years.  My guess is that it was as much the MTA holding off on giving Apple the green...
My prediction is that it won't matter what MS does with 8.  They'll get new customers as well as some adopters from older systems, but for enterprise customers, it will be business as usual given they will resist full scale implementation of a new OS that could and probably will negatively impact their user base.  As long as MS continues to support older os's, you'll have a great number of users who will not upgrade/update until their whole system requires it.   And...
What does this really matter?  Is it really a game that has a winner or loser?  So if Samsung sold 52 million phones spread between what, 10 models, 5 models - whatever the number, it's still meaningless.  They push these things out as if it's a sign of doom for either company and that's just total crap.   And I just don't buy the argument that competition forces innovation - at least I am not convinced that is the case with Apple.  Do you really think the Apple...
My whole post was just an homage to those who believe Apple is in the wrong - getting patents and defending said patents.  Especially against Samsung, who is quite clearly doing nothing wrong.   Perhaps you don't have your sarcasm detector running?
But gee, isn't this a sign that it's really Apple that is doing the wrong thing?  I mean come on, if Apple weren't being overly aggressive in litigation against Samsung, there would be no issue with their deleting emails after two weeks.   It's the right thing for Samsung to do - given the cost of memory is so high and they have no control over that.  And you can't trust encryption or other security measures either.  I would actually also blame Apple for agreeing to...
Yep - the bozos at the street have been continually either expecting much less from Apple or expecting too much.  It's their game, used to control their own profit and has very little basis in reality (other than investment reality).   At some point, and maybe we've already gotten there, Apple will have enough shareholders who actually understand what Apple has and is doing to not allow the analysts to effect their buy/sell strategy with Apple.  If any analysts or...