or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

So Phil, I've asked this before of others and I'm curious to know what your response would be.  If you had designed a product and patented the design - then went to a manufacturer to source parts for this product, then months later see this company's product come to market looking suspiciously like your product that they supplied parts for - how would you feel and what would you do?  Would you simply shrug your shoulders and say they can just do whatever they want?   As a...
What facts are you talking about exactly?  You mean the convertible tablet/laptops on the market before the iPad.  Yes, you're right.  Apple copied them lock stock and barrel.  And let's not give Apple any credit for the mouse or the personal computer or a GUI - because, well because they are Apple and we don't like them.  I mean the facts don't prove anything.  And any anecdotal or assumptive arguments about Samsung copying Apple are complete rubbish.  Samsung's products...
I think you've brought up an important point.  Apple, just like Samsung, isn't trying to get "informed users" to buy their products.  They want all users to buy their products.  I'd argue that the marketing both companies do, suggests that the market is more uninformed users than informed users.  I know this is out of context, but if you look at two things and think they look very much the same - then spend weeks "learning" what differences there are, it's not exactly a...
Just a second - you (and/or the UK press) took the quote from an Apple spokesman out of context.  That quote was referring to the ruling in the US case, and if you dig further you'd know that this is the statement that Apple has used regarding cases around the world since last April.  The judge didn't rule Apple was in contempt of court for comments made, unless you have information the rest of us do not.
The issue is - Apple has not publicly defamed or libelled Samsung.  Apple fought for their rights or supposed rights granted by international patent law.  It was Apple's duty to protect their patents.  What the judge is requiring does not fall within the realm of being a reasonable directive based upon the case.  If you can show me where Apple has publicly defamed Samsung, I'll humbly stand corrected, but the last I saw, it was Samsung advertising that poked fun at Apple,...
I'm a patent holder.  And I've fought for the rights of my patents.  Regardless of "what side of the Mac - PC hate aisle" I sit on, I support the right to fight for your rights granted under international patent laws.  Do you know how patents work?  Do you know that if you don't fight for your rights, you are likely to loose said rights?  Also, if you've ever worked with or for a company that is both a component manufacturer and a finished product manufacturer, you'd know...
Really?  Really?  Are you freaking trying to be serious, or are you just looking to pick a fight.  Apple NEVER advertised or "go all about the place saying" Samsung did anything.  They rightfully took Samsung to court to support their own patented designs.  It's not only their right to do so, it's their duty to fight for their rights.  Apple wasn't slandering Samsung and Samsung can't counter sue for damages.   Please either go away and peddle your drivel elsewhere or...
Complete rubbish.  Apple fought the patent battle in court.  Asking them to advertise for Samsung is unreasonable and akin to public humiliation.  This judge needs to be removed from the bench.  Frankly, to think that Samsung didn't share Apple's ideas with their other business units is wholly impossible and unreasonable to think.  Of course they copied Apple, making just enough changes to not have an outright mirror image of the iPad.
It is a convertible tablet / laptop.  I'm not specifically familiar with this model, but I have worked on a different convertible laptop that absolutely was a horrendous experience.  You could write on the screen, but you needed to do some things with the keyboard, so you had to move between the two - which didn't really make sense or work in real world situations.  I had high hopes for it as I was an original Compaq iPaq owner/user.  The idea of a larger format iPaq...
Not that I'm surprised ATT is playing it out this way, but there is just no reason to make a switch to shared data at these rates.  I have 2 iPhones that are still on the grandfathered "unlimited" plan and one iPhone on a $30 3gb plan, plus one dumb phone.  We pay for the unlimited text, which gives us unlimited mobile to mobile calls and have 1400 shared minutes which I can probably reduce down to 700 given so many calls are "free" mobile to mobile.  But as it is, we...