or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

My prediction is that it won't matter what MS does with 8.  They'll get new customers as well as some adopters from older systems, but for enterprise customers, it will be business as usual given they will resist full scale implementation of a new OS that could and probably will negatively impact their user base.  As long as MS continues to support older os's, you'll have a great number of users who will not upgrade/update until their whole system requires it.   And...
What does this really matter?  Is it really a game that has a winner or loser?  So if Samsung sold 52 million phones spread between what, 10 models, 5 models - whatever the number, it's still meaningless.  They push these things out as if it's a sign of doom for either company and that's just total crap.   And I just don't buy the argument that competition forces innovation - at least I am not convinced that is the case with Apple.  Do you really think the Apple...
My whole post was just an homage to those who believe Apple is in the wrong - getting patents and defending said patents.  Especially against Samsung, who is quite clearly doing nothing wrong.   Perhaps you don't have your sarcasm detector running?
But gee, isn't this a sign that it's really Apple that is doing the wrong thing?  I mean come on, if Apple weren't being overly aggressive in litigation against Samsung, there would be no issue with their deleting emails after two weeks.   It's the right thing for Samsung to do - given the cost of memory is so high and they have no control over that.  And you can't trust encryption or other security measures either.  I would actually also blame Apple for agreeing to...
Yep - the bozos at the street have been continually either expecting much less from Apple or expecting too much.  It's their game, used to control their own profit and has very little basis in reality (other than investment reality).   At some point, and maybe we've already gotten there, Apple will have enough shareholders who actually understand what Apple has and is doing to not allow the analysts to effect their buy/sell strategy with Apple.  If any analysts or...
So Phil, I've asked this before of others and I'm curious to know what your response would be.  If you had designed a product and patented the design - then went to a manufacturer to source parts for this product, then months later see this company's product come to market looking suspiciously like your product that they supplied parts for - how would you feel and what would you do?  Would you simply shrug your shoulders and say they can just do whatever they want?   As a...
What facts are you talking about exactly?  You mean the convertible tablet/laptops on the market before the iPad.  Yes, you're right.  Apple copied them lock stock and barrel.  And let's not give Apple any credit for the mouse or the personal computer or a GUI - because, well because they are Apple and we don't like them.  I mean the facts don't prove anything.  And any anecdotal or assumptive arguments about Samsung copying Apple are complete rubbish.  Samsung's products...
I think you've brought up an important point.  Apple, just like Samsung, isn't trying to get "informed users" to buy their products.  They want all users to buy their products.  I'd argue that the marketing both companies do, suggests that the market is more uninformed users than informed users.  I know this is out of context, but if you look at two things and think they look very much the same - then spend weeks "learning" what differences there are, it's not exactly a...
Just a second - you (and/or the UK press) took the quote from an Apple spokesman out of context.  That quote was referring to the ruling in the US case, and if you dig further you'd know that this is the statement that Apple has used regarding cases around the world since last April.  The judge didn't rule Apple was in contempt of court for comments made, unless you have information the rest of us do not.
The issue is - Apple has not publicly defamed or libelled Samsung.  Apple fought for their rights or supposed rights granted by international patent law.  It was Apple's duty to protect their patents.  What the judge is requiring does not fall within the realm of being a reasonable directive based upon the case.  If you can show me where Apple has publicly defamed Samsung, I'll humbly stand corrected, but the last I saw, it was Samsung advertising that poked fun at Apple,...