or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Again, this is simply making the current design somewhat smaller - and the design that RIM and Nokia want necessitates the use of a slot cover.  This is not moving forward and it's one of the reasons why RIM and Nokia are not performing at the same level that Apple is.  Apple was right in wanting to move away from SIMs altogether.  They are not a lot different than the floppy drive, cd's, dvd's, etc.  These old-school businesses are holding onto the past and instead...
Nokia and RIM are suggesting the notched version - where you either have an exposed opening, or have to have a cover over the opening to protect it (or hide it behind the battery) - much like most non-Apple smartphones use today.  They're not looking to improve the overall aesthetic or design of their phones, they're using short-term, old, thinking for creating what has been done already.  I, personally, hate the trap doors with flimsy plastic "living" hinges that most...
For consumers, many will weigh the impact of early upgrade costs against the marketed benefits of the new iPhone.  Given the type of uptake Apple had with the 4S, chances are pretty good that people will buy, regardless of whether they're upgrade eligible, when this next iPhone is released.  I'm one of those consumers.  My wife, because we're on the family plan and I am the primary, is behind on upgrades.  When the new iPhone launches, either she'll take my upgrade or...
What they need, and what they're getting or going to get down the line is just more of the same.  They don't need new pencil pushers, product managers or bean counters.  They need creative people with vision to see beyond the paycheck or options they're getting.  But it won't happen because shareholders of most companies don't think that way and the people in place now don't think that way.  I'm guessing they're paying some high high priced consultants to tell them a...
The problem I see is how to improve customer flow and product layout if the issue is really just related to too many people coming through the doors.  It's not like Apple has new products to showcase in another section of the store.  It just comes down to how many tables of iPads, iPhones, MacBook's, etc each store can hold.  The back-end of the store, where the 3rd party products are always seems to be the place where customers who couldn't get to a table of product go,...
Sounds almost like one of the people I knew.  I sat in a board meeting with Bill grilling my then boss (and majority owner of the business) wearing an old undershirt and work jeans.  He clearly dressed how he wanted because he had the money and power to do so.  And in most non-business situations, he was as approachable as a farm hand (which is how he often dressed), but in tense business dealings, he was sharper than a razor blade and used his appearance to his advantage.
A comment like that suggests what?   I've known some pretty powerful and RICH people who wouldn't be caught dead in a Ferrari, let alone a Porsche, Lambo, Merc, BMW, etc., and they have no issue shopping Wal-Mart.  One thing some wealthy (not all) learn, especially those that have earned their money working from the ground up, is that you want to keep as much of your money as you can.  Shopping at Wal-Mart for something they can and do sell for less than the store down...
Believe it or not, yes, there are people who don't REALLY know what Apple has.  They might think about the iPod because the kids or grandkids have one or talk about it, but without a presence in a much broader offering of retailers, some people just don't know or understand fully who Apple is.   The piece that gets the Apple faithful up in arms about "selling out" when they hear Apple is expanding at Walmart and Target is that they saw the brand as something exclusive to...
It's not an issue of being a discount store brand.  Apple is a mass brand and as such needs to keep expanding its presence.  I used to work for a small manufacturer/retail chain that had a huge opportunity at Target doing a shop in shop (for the stationery aisle).  The then owners of the company, who were not Target shoppers (or any mass retailers for that matter) thought the exact same thing - that going into Target would damage their brand.  They just couldn't get...
I'm sure this decision is based around several factors, including Target's connection to Apple, sell-thru for the Amazon products and the fact that Amazon's eco-system based around the Fire gives Target absolutely zero ability to cash in on any of it.   Getting more Kindles into the hands of more shoppers is not going to be a successful long term strategy for any bricks and mortar retailer.  At least Target can make some profit from Apple's eco-system by selling...