or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

"He said AAPL stock closed down 1.6 percent on Monday "due to the lack of any noteworthy surprises and likely on a modest amount of disappointment that there were no Apple TV advances." Gauna said the improvements to Apple's MacBook lineup, Mountain Lion, iOS 6, Siri and iCloud were "almost entirely anticipated by the investment community coming to the event."   Alex Gauna is a bozo.  My guess is he is trying to short the stock by saying things like this.  Did he...
Maybe, just maybe, people are finally figuring out the old adage, "you get what you pay for", when it comes to "cheap" laptops/computers/phones/tablets.  It's not just about the piece of hardware, but the software, the integration with other pieces of hardware (smartphones, tablets) and the overall user experience.   It's how I've always looked at Apple and this thinking has spilled over to other products I use.  I get the sense that this is becoming true for more...
I don't forgive the RIM co-ceo's for their complete and utter stupidity and for their board to keep them in place as long as they did, and for both Wall Street and Washington DC for financially supporting them when it was clear they were just hanging onto their already old technology.   And today, there are still companies, governments and financial institutions who just can't say no to using a BB, even in the face of better alternatives.  It's like what I hear from...
As noted too, the $1B does not include unsold inventory in their customer's hands.  Perhaps that number isn't as big as we think if the telco's minimized what they were holding given the slow sales, but it's probably quite significant and will further punish their stock when they have to start taking back old inventory.   What could they do to become relevant again?  I'm sure they're paying some very high-priced consultants to tell them exactly that - but the answer is...
RIM will not see continued growth overseas as both Apple and Android (manufacturers) extend their push into new markets.  They are also going to get hammered when they miss and push back the launch of their new OS and the reported new handsets into 2013.  At some point in the very near future, it won't make any sense for them to keep money pouring into new handsets and OS if they can't offer something, anything, that is different or better than what Apple and and Android...
I agree - what a stupid mandate to force companies to provide a slow, low bandwidth, "solution" to connectivity and charging.  Frankly, I'd prefer to have the 30 pin connector than any of the micro-USB ports I've used with my kids' phones or my BT headset.  They may be small, but they feel cheap.  I think Apple needs to figure out the Mag-safe connector if they're going to do anything different.  That has got to be the most brilliant connector out on the market, at least...
With the new company to be named LaCiegate.  I'm actually surprised by the low selling price.
If I were to elaborate on every particular point, my posts would be even longer than they are now.  So, let me assume the Nokia patent is not just a patent for the design of the SIM, it goes into how the SIM works.  That being said, Apple's SIM design is change to the design, not the functioning electronics of the SIM, which Nokia would still hold the patent on. When you have young kids, broken phones are an expectation.  All my kids have pulled the sim or micro usb port...
First of all, I wasn't suggesting that there is only one reason Apple was proposing a change to the SIM standard.  Second, without reading the SIM patent(s) that Nokia holds, I wouldn't make assumptions that it's all about a design patent for the size and shape of a SIM.  Apple may have to pay a licensing fee regardless of the size/shape of the SIM, but again, I'm not reading Nokia's patents to confirm this.   My point is that Apple is one of the few companies out there...
What you are missing with the concept of the push push SIM with external SIM cover is the overall design of the phone.  Apple doesn't want, and rightfully so, to have the crappy, old-school, failure prone plastic cover that is connected by a rubber or synthetic living hinge.  It's a bad design, forces a certain look to the phone overall and is the wrong way to think about it.  Nokia was pissy about it because they have to posture so that they don't appear to be having to...