or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Design patents are judged solely on how others (the court) perceive the look and the potential for a violation.  As it's proving out, one judge can see it one way and another a different way.
The thing that BB can't fix easily is store size.  The majority of their stores are oversized and even the scaled down versions are bigger than they need to be - for one reason.  They were created at a point where people were still buying cd's, dvd's, pc software, etc., at the store.  They only legacy thing they have going for them is video games, but even there it's more a collection of a handful of titles that is driving any significant volume.   If you pull out...
In this day and age of wireless everything, it's about time Apple get back to working on a bt headset.  Frankly, I can't stand using wired headsets both at home and on the go but I've gone through so many headsets due to poor quality and reliability that I'd prefer to pay more for something from Apple that works as it should (including a battery that lasts more than 4 hours).
Heck, a smaller iPad makes so much sense and so very Apple.  Just look at what they did with the iPod and it's easy to see where having a collection of iPads serving different needs and markets SHOULD be the end-game for Apple.  Perhaps melding the iPod and iPad together into a single product line would make sense.  Offer 4 sizes, Nano, Touch (sized), 7.85" and iPad as we know it.
You are quite clearly not the norm or rather, not the average consumer.  You have bought into the sum of the parts is greater than the total [experience], which is totally fine.  It's just like comparing a Mercedes (fill in the blank with whatever high-end automaker) to a Honda Civic.  Yes, you can buy the civic for $18k, pull the motor and replace with a blown Acura twin cam, add better exhaust, Recaros, better stereo, brakes, etc.  Sure, the Civic may give you the...
I know business friends that have been "forced" to use BB's for their company phones because of - well they seem to suggest it's because of their email server.  One person in particular was blown away when I showed her the first iPhone.  How email messages looked like they were supposed to - how you could zoom if you couldn't read or see something properly, how web pages were the real thing, not some botched up micro mess on a tiny BB screen.   The company I used to...
Ha - I called it months ago - there was no way they were going to hit a 2012 release date for their new OS and subsequently they'll have no new handsets to offer either.  This will further suppress their numbers to the point where the board will force another change and most likely try to strike some deal with another company to sell their IP.  Not sure there is much else they could do - because investors are going to have a tough time putting more money into a venture...
That's the way business works.  I used to sell to Wal-Mart and always thought they were the best retailer to do business with for all sorts of reasons.  All I heard from other businesses and friends was that Wal-Mart doesn't care about me or my company and they'll simply get a Chinese factory to make what we were making cheaper than we could.  Our business was smarter than that - we didn't just sit around waiting for the day when Wal-Mart (or any other mass retailer) came...
In any business, management must worry about what power and control either vendors or customers will have on the business and they act accordingly.  Or in many cases they don't act at all or make the wrong decisions.   AT&T was a customer of Apple's that had very little control over how things played out.  Of course they were going to seek to help other hardware providers bring competitive products to market to reduce the dependency on Apple - should Apple decide to...
Microsoft HAS to try to keep the PC and it's keyboard and mouse controls moving forward.  Others have already noted, but that keyboard simply makes this tablet a laptop.  If I wanted a laptop, I'd use a laptop.  Tablets, or really the iPad, don't necessarily need a keyboard because how you use it is just different.  That's what Apple created with the iPhone/iPod/iPad - a new way to use a computer.  Microsoft is simply changing the form factor, living with the existing...