or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

I'm sure this decision is based around several factors, including Target's connection to Apple, sell-thru for the Amazon products and the fact that Amazon's eco-system based around the Fire gives Target absolutely zero ability to cash in on any of it.   Getting more Kindles into the hands of more shoppers is not going to be a successful long term strategy for any bricks and mortar retailer.  At least Target can make some profit from Apple's eco-system by selling...
Getting noticed used to get you points in marketing, but that just isn't the case anymore.  When your brand has been damaged, to the point where RIM is now, getting noticed for stunts like this will not help.  In fact, it's going to be more fodder for those mocking RIM - which at this point it seems most people have a hard time not mocking them.   I do understand that they need to do something so as not to become completely irrelevant, but I can tell you I'd have...
Maybe it could be a successful campaign if RIM is talking about themselves - that they are the one in need of waking up (from the nightmare that has been the past 5 years since the iPhone was launched).   In this already thinning marketplace, where Apple and Android rule, while even MS fights to remain viable, RIM has what I suspect is an insurmountable challenge in front of it.  They'd need to have the perfect storm of great OS with no issues, big uptake by...
I won't say all analysts are useless when it comes to guidance, but certainly a good deal of them have consistently been SO wrong about Apple that I'm surprised they still have jobs.  But that reminds me that being right when it comes to the stock market has nothing to do with anything.  When you hear an analyst say they think Apple will miss projections, they're manipulating the market (or trying to) for their and their customers benefit.   I get that, but their...
Financial analysts will use whatever numbers they want to promote in order to get the whatever desired effect they are seeking.  The news could be good - given the iPhone represented the majority of smartphone activations or bad given quarterly sales numbers are down quarter to quarter (which doesn't make sense given it's not year over year quarter).   Others have said it - you've got institutions shorting Apple now in order to buy low - knowing full well that the...
I've been having problems with my iCloud email asking for the password, then not accepting the password. I know it's a more widespread problem, but has been more prevalent the past two days.
It's more proof that they are in serious trouble. I doubt, as I've said before, that they'll have new phones with new os on the market this year. If they were to release smartphones that didn't have something they excelled at, it would be a death nell for them. So now they're trying to figure out what other things they can do to keep from becoming completely irrelevant - which is bad given they shouldn't have been in this position in the first place. Those arrogant...
Predictions like these, coming from a couple of companies that have sadly not been able to realize any of their recent past predictions just seem pointless. We could go back in time and hear the exact same argument regarding iPods vs mp3 players. Or iPhone vs any number of single hardware iterations. The fact that Apple has gotten a foothold into enterprise - well it's not a foothold because they've created and own the iPad category, tells me it's going to be all...
Ha - that's an awesome way to think about it. Heck, think of the savings in energy if they start shuttering offices - all the light bulbs, computers, heat. And there has to be miles of copper wire just waiting for some recycler to get their hands on.
What I find interesting with all you posters is that you're still thinking about making the current technology headphones sound or fit better. What Apple should be doing is finding a way to produce a better wireless headset. Screw the cords - I hate and haven't used my corded headset since...I can't remember when. Apple puts all this focus on wireless this and wireless that, but we're expected to have a corded headset? That's pitiful. I can't stand having to wrap...