or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Really?  Really?  Are you freaking trying to be serious, or are you just looking to pick a fight.  Apple NEVER advertised or "go all about the place saying" Samsung did anything.  They rightfully took Samsung to court to support their own patented designs.  It's not only their right to do so, it's their duty to fight for their rights.  Apple wasn't slandering Samsung and Samsung can't counter sue for damages.   Please either go away and peddle your drivel elsewhere or...
Complete rubbish.  Apple fought the patent battle in court.  Asking them to advertise for Samsung is unreasonable and akin to public humiliation.  This judge needs to be removed from the bench.  Frankly, to think that Samsung didn't share Apple's ideas with their other business units is wholly impossible and unreasonable to think.  Of course they copied Apple, making just enough changes to not have an outright mirror image of the iPad.
It is a convertible tablet / laptop.  I'm not specifically familiar with this model, but I have worked on a different convertible laptop that absolutely was a horrendous experience.  You could write on the screen, but you needed to do some things with the keyboard, so you had to move between the two - which didn't really make sense or work in real world situations.  I had high hopes for it as I was an original Compaq iPaq owner/user.  The idea of a larger format iPaq...
Not that I'm surprised ATT is playing it out this way, but there is just no reason to make a switch to shared data at these rates.  I have 2 iPhones that are still on the grandfathered "unlimited" plan and one iPhone on a $30 3gb plan, plus one dumb phone.  We pay for the unlimited text, which gives us unlimited mobile to mobile calls and have 1400 shared minutes which I can probably reduce down to 700 given so many calls are "free" mobile to mobile.  But as it is, we...
I could be wrong, but I think you are mistaking the shape of those smoke stacks with those of a nuclear power plant. Many coal and natural gas powered power plants use a similar smoke stack. I've driven by one many a time in Michigan City and it's a very cool water scrubber stack that looks just like a nuclear stack.
Apple helped create the program years ago - but times changed. And Apple's manufacturing procedures changed. I'm guessing they've been talking with EPEAT about changing their certification policy, but EPEAT now also has a lot of pc manufacturers who are completely happy to do things the same way they've been doing them for the past decade. They won't change for Apple as that will make the pc makers out of compliance.So, just for fun, let's say Apple figures out a way to...
For those that complain that Apple is going backward with the recycle-ability of their computers are missing the point. The problem isn't Apple or their products, it's the EPEAT certification that has not kept up with advances and changes in computer product manufacturing. I can just see the conversations Apple had with EPEAT people. Apple, "So we've made our products better with less or no toxic chemicals and they are fully recyclable and we'd like you to update the...
Woz gets quoted because of his past connection to Apple and the fact that he says good things about brands other than Apple.  And I appreciate that he appreciates all sorts of tech from all sorts of companies.  He'll try out just about anything tech, regardless of brand - I assume because he's interested and can afford to do so.  He comes off as being less biased that way.  If I had the money, I would likely do the same.
Apple doesn't have a patent on ultra thin laptops - but they should be protecting their design, which has zero in common with any netbook or portable on the market.  The Sony Vaio X505 may have had a tapered design in 2004 AND Apple designers may have used it as inspiration at best, but the MacBook Air is being knocked off almost exactly by what Intel has been pushing into the pc market.  And yes, I agree that all of the manufacturers that are copying Apple in so many...
I've wondered why Apple hasn't gone after the Air clones, yet.  I'm sure this is a complicated issue, given Intel was the company providing the design direction to the pc market.  If Apple created the design and Intel was not given the rights to offer it to others, then Apple should be going after both Intel and the pc makers who have created virtual knock-offs of the Air.