or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Yep - this is only showing up as "news" because it's Apple. The practice is making employees work weekend hours is common at all stores and restaurants. I know a guy who is an assistant manager at one of the NYC stores and his experience has been nothing but great. He used to work for a small chain in operations and now working retail has had a better overall experience. Apple looks out for it's employees better than many chains. And I agree with others - yes, the...
Heins has also apparently said that RIM is going to stop going after the consumer market - something the bonehead ceos pushed when they saw Apple getting such incredible traction. They're going to now focus on their strengths in enterprise because of their "security". The problem is, enterprise has already been effected by the consumer push towards iPhones and android. Many companies and agencies are allowing employees to purchase their own iPhones, saving company...
It's not like the business for RIM has completely evaporated - given they're still hitting revenue numbers in the billions, but the arrogance and stupidity of their dearly departed co-ceo's, not to mention the guilibility of wall street RIM investors tells me that they're going to be forced to change their business model, ala IBM, if they want to survive long term. They still have a good chunk of the market in the middle east and Africa, but this business will go away...
My own experience with friends who have android phones is exactly what other posters have suggested and that might explain, in part, why the numbers are what they are. That is they use their phones for the most basic of things - email, web, phone, photos, texting. And in two cases, they have had so much trouble with their phones that they're now waiting for their contracts to end so they can get an iPhone. Not because it's cool and they want to look like everyone else...
I thought the same thing - until I burned through 3 different routers in within the span of 18 months, each of which were highly rated. Figured I had already spent close to the same amount as a ATC, so I got one and have not had an issue in 7 months. There's something to be said about Apple's quality and performance.
I'm not sold on LTE, based upon what they're reporting is happening with iPad usage. I'm not one to watch movies on my phone, so both a bigger screen and faster LTE really don't appeal to me. I'm all for moving forward, but I don't want to pay more for something that will make me use more data, forcing me to pay yet more. I like the idea of Apple offering 3 size choices for mobile communication - iPhone for the small size, iPad for a better reading (and game playing)...
Look, it wouldn't be an easy job to turn around a company like HP, even if it were Steve Jobs himself running the ship. Changing corporate culture that is so ingrained after decades of doing things one way may be close to impossible to do. As much as people, including Apotheker, talk(ed) about HP needing to go the route of IBM, IBM may have become more profitable, but they're not the highly respected [tech] company they once were either. I agree with others that have...
With Apple, whether there is a real or just imagined difference in why they do what they do, they are different than many of the other tech companies their products compete against. And for many investors, especially those on the Street, Apple's unwillingness to play by the rules that their competition did (as far as dividends go), has kept Apple from their investment graces. I'm sure it wasn't just Steve making the decision to build their war chest - and it was a...
In order to ensure a tight bond between the metal and plastic, there would need to be areas of the metal piece that are sufficiently deep and not perfectly perpendicular to the connection between the metal and plastic. Just making the metal surface rough won't be enough for a tight bond.
It's not hard to envision the new standard for your digital life to be iMac as your base home "computer", the iPad for portability at home and away and the iPhone for communication. Throw in an Apple TV or the potentially new Apple Television and you've got all bases covered.