or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

What I find interesting with all you posters is that you're still thinking about making the current technology headphones sound or fit better. What Apple should be doing is finding a way to produce a better wireless headset. Screw the cords - I hate and haven't used my corded headset since...I can't remember when. Apple puts all this focus on wireless this and wireless that, but we're expected to have a corded headset? That's pitiful. I can't stand having to wrap...
There may be little chance RIM can survive as they are today into the future, but they're still a billion dollar company. The problem I see, even with the new ceo, is that they're hanging onto the past at a point where they should have a focused plan for the future. They do have a descent business in South America, Africa and the Middle East, but even in these places, technology continues to move forward - seemingly without RIM following. And of course you have the...
I'm guessing, as has been noted previously, that sizing will probably start in the 37" - 40" range. At these sizes, that price point of $1250 is double what many televisions are selling for. If it's more than a tv, it's easy to see paying more for it (for me).
And finally for my last off-topic comment - Sarah Palin would have had more credibility had she said, Alaska was part of Russia and many people here in Alaska have cultural or family ties to Russia, so we have a unique perspective when it comes to dealing with Russia politics. It would have been spin, for sure, but she didn't answer the question, in the same way she "answered" other questions she had no clue how to answer. In my eyes, she came across as worse than GW -...
So if Apple's pay to play costs are so high that a mid-market telco like US Cellular says they can't afford to offer the iPhone, how is it that these even smaller players are doing it? There has to be more to the deal than we know. A buddy of mine has been with US Cellular for years and wanted the iPhone, but had to settle for a droid. He's had nothing but trouble over the course of the past 2 years while I've gone through 2 iPhones - 3G to 4, 4 to 4S with zero...
Sarah Palin deserves any crap she gets, hell, she is her own worst enemy when it comes to saying stupid things. This is what she said - "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska", when Charles Gibson asked her what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia. Yes, SNL spoofed it, but the take away was that her insight on Russia comes from living so close that you can see Russia from land...
It's not being mean talking about RIM the way people are - they've put themselves in the situation they're in. Yes, they still sell lots of phones (or give them away), but that doesn't mean that they're not in a world of hurt. They hung their hat on something they thought they'd always be the leader on - failing to recognize, even after Apple introduced the iPhone, that they no longer had a monopoly in the market. That's the biggest issue I have with RIM - the...
I'd love to see how many of the creatives that managed this campaign are using iPhones, or Android phones. I bet zero are using any of the Nokia Windows phones, unless they were given to them and told they had to use them in order to keep the account. There is nothing wrong with attack ads. They can be very effective, but you do take a chance that the consumer may not connect well enough with your own brand. I'm not even sure why they're making using the iPhone...
Yep - this is only showing up as "news" because it's Apple. The practice is making employees work weekend hours is common at all stores and restaurants. I know a guy who is an assistant manager at one of the NYC stores and his experience has been nothing but great. He used to work for a small chain in operations and now working retail has had a better overall experience. Apple looks out for it's employees better than many chains. And I agree with others - yes, the...
Heins has also apparently said that RIM is going to stop going after the consumer market - something the bonehead ceos pushed when they saw Apple getting such incredible traction. They're going to now focus on their strengths in enterprise because of their "security". The problem is, enterprise has already been effected by the consumer push towards iPhones and android. Many companies and agencies are allowing employees to purchase their own iPhones, saving company...