or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

We were told previously that they were going to do this. For those areas where AT&T has implemented hsdpa, service should be significantly faster than before. I'm getting the 4G symbol but not really seeing the increased speed that was promised with the hsdpa service. I really don't care either way, as long as I can talk and browse or send emails at the same time.
what's the build number for those that have been able to download the new 5.1?
New iPad name - iPad Touch!
Quite frankly, I would say that this is a case of patent trolling. Just read the patent. They're connecting voice and data. VVM isn't storing a data message, unless I'm missing something altogether with the iPhone. If they are arguing that a person's name showing up on-screen is data (like a multi-media presentation as they note) that is crap. If the argument is that the voice message is actually data, then I'd say that they're over-stretching the bounds of their...
Samsung is doing what all of Apple's competitors do - they pick one or two specific points of a product spec and challenge Apple on that point. They're missing the big picture - which is a common problem for lots of big businesses. They have mba's (not MacBook Airs) that think they can boil things down in their matrix to the one or two points that drive people to buy and they're not looking at things that aren't there and how they could capitalize on providing something...
At 6 million apps dl'd per day and 2 billion to date, that's 333 days if the number dl'd per day was static. It's not of course and I think their app store went live in March of 2009. That's 3 years they've been selling apps, 34 months actually. The only way RIM could be at 2 billion is if they mandate their employees to dl 50 apps per day each to drive up the number. This press release is simply trying to make the numbers look less bleak and hopefully stave off...
Maybe, but my guess is that there are enough people out there that would rather have an Apple designed and spec'd television set where the whole experience is an Apple experience. The tv manufacturers are already trying their hardest to accomplish their own version of this - so the pairing idea of the Apple tv to a set that has a completely different gui doesn't fit in with what they are trying to do. As far as pricing goes, Apple holds a lot of power in numbers - they've...
You do realize that the greatest subsidies go not to the poor, or women, or racial minorities or healthcare, but to big businesses that push an agenda that sells us all short while proclaiming to be "pro-business" and small government. They don't want small government - unless that means just cutting out the parts they're not selling to / providing for. And as far as pro business goes - they're all in it for themselves. So go watch some more fox news so you can be told...
Or they'll have to start charging more for them, taking away the only "real" advantage they have over the iPad. My guess is that they are not going to see the revenue stream from Fire users that they've built this model on. It's just not a sustainable model, unless they can get enough book sales and proprietary app sales to cover the cost - and I'd hate to be an Amazon accountant trying to determine how and where they're accounting for any recoup in cost.
If I could I would quit the stock buying club I quit 19 years ago because they voted down my choice of Apple for a tech stock. $10,000 in Apple stock would have gone a long way when it was trading around $30. Instead we bought some lame-o company that tanked the following year. I was so pissed and am reminded each time Apple breaks records.