or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Microsoft HAS to try to keep the PC and it's keyboard and mouse controls moving forward.  Others have already noted, but that keyboard simply makes this tablet a laptop.  If I wanted a laptop, I'd use a laptop.  Tablets, or really the iPad, don't necessarily need a keyboard because how you use it is just different.  That's what Apple created with the iPhone/iPod/iPad - a new way to use a computer.  Microsoft is simply changing the form factor, living with the existing...
I heard this reported this morning, with the comment that they are making these cuts in an effort to be more competitive, or something to that effect.  All I thought was, "shouldn't you just try to make products that customers want to buy?"  They are doing exactly what RIM is, which sounds good for the short-term attention deficit disorder financial analysts, but it's not addressing the underlying problem with having products a consumer wants to buy.   Of course they...
Ford should be rethinking or at least considering moving away from solely using MS's sync platform.  I rented a focus zip car yesterday and was amazed at how difficult it was to connect and use my iP4S.  Even my son said it should just work like connecting an iPhone to a computer - and it doesn't.   Android might be the dominant platform volume-wise, but Apple really is the one to be able to pull off automobile integration.  MS has done itself no favors with the...
Not that Munster is better than any of the analysts out there, but the point is that Apple can and will highlight the deep integration with the likes of Facebook and be able to tout a stable and secure connectivity that I'm just not sure would be possible with Android.  It isn't the API issue, but rather a marketing issue.  Google is a competitor to Facebook and that will drive the relationship with Apple deeper (unless and until FB creates their own smartphone).
"He said AAPL stock closed down 1.6 percent on Monday "due to the lack of any noteworthy surprises and likely on a modest amount of disappointment that there were no Apple TV advances." Gauna said the improvements to Apple's MacBook lineup, Mountain Lion, iOS 6, Siri and iCloud were "almost entirely anticipated by the investment community coming to the event."   Alex Gauna is a bozo.  My guess is he is trying to short the stock by saying things like this.  Did he...
Maybe, just maybe, people are finally figuring out the old adage, "you get what you pay for", when it comes to "cheap" laptops/computers/phones/tablets.  It's not just about the piece of hardware, but the software, the integration with other pieces of hardware (smartphones, tablets) and the overall user experience.   It's how I've always looked at Apple and this thinking has spilled over to other products I use.  I get the sense that this is becoming true for more...
I don't forgive the RIM co-ceo's for their complete and utter stupidity and for their board to keep them in place as long as they did, and for both Wall Street and Washington DC for financially supporting them when it was clear they were just hanging onto their already old technology.   And today, there are still companies, governments and financial institutions who just can't say no to using a BB, even in the face of better alternatives.  It's like what I hear from...
As noted too, the $1B does not include unsold inventory in their customer's hands.  Perhaps that number isn't as big as we think if the telco's minimized what they were holding given the slow sales, but it's probably quite significant and will further punish their stock when they have to start taking back old inventory.   What could they do to become relevant again?  I'm sure they're paying some very high-priced consultants to tell them exactly that - but the answer is...
RIM will not see continued growth overseas as both Apple and Android (manufacturers) extend their push into new markets.  They are also going to get hammered when they miss and push back the launch of their new OS and the reported new handsets into 2013.  At some point in the very near future, it won't make any sense for them to keep money pouring into new handsets and OS if they can't offer something, anything, that is different or better than what Apple and and Android...
I agree - what a stupid mandate to force companies to provide a slow, low bandwidth, "solution" to connectivity and charging.  Frankly, I'd prefer to have the 30 pin connector than any of the micro-USB ports I've used with my kids' phones or my BT headset.  They may be small, but they feel cheap.  I think Apple needs to figure out the Mag-safe connector if they're going to do anything different.  That has got to be the most brilliant connector out on the market, at least...