or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

You do realize that the greatest subsidies go not to the poor, or women, or racial minorities or healthcare, but to big businesses that push an agenda that sells us all short while proclaiming to be "pro-business" and small government. They don't want small government - unless that means just cutting out the parts they're not selling to / providing for. And as far as pro business goes - they're all in it for themselves. So go watch some more fox news so you can be told...
Or they'll have to start charging more for them, taking away the only "real" advantage they have over the iPad. My guess is that they are not going to see the revenue stream from Fire users that they've built this model on. It's just not a sustainable model, unless they can get enough book sales and proprietary app sales to cover the cost - and I'd hate to be an Amazon accountant trying to determine how and where they're accounting for any recoup in cost.
If I could I would quit the stock buying club I quit 19 years ago because they voted down my choice of Apple for a tech stock. $10,000 in Apple stock would have gone a long way when it was trading around $30. Instead we bought some lame-o company that tanked the following year. I was so pissed and am reminded each time Apple breaks records.
I agree that we all, myself included, find it easier to point out the problems than come up with a viable positive solution. The problem is this, for me at least - RIM has been "staying the course" for the past few years and as much as their new OS has promised relevancy when it releases, they've not been able to hit release dates for just about anything, hardware or software related. If you're a share holder and you hear that they're sticking to plan, the next question...
My former Canadian partner was constantly having problems with his BB - their first iteration with a touch screen, but he still supported them. I can understand that - they created something no one else had at the time and they really were top of the game for years. The problem is they didn't recognize that other companies were going to catch up and quickly pass them. You hate to say it, but they were a one-trick pony. They lived and are dying by their mobile email...
If I were a shareholder, I'd punish them further for being so arrogant even in the end. They drove so much value and talent out of the company that it's almost criminal. I'm sure RIM will continue on, but any further missteps is going to sink the ship. Anyone want to place bets on whether they'll meet timelines for new os and products?
This is what I was told when I had a deal to do a store within a store at Target. The company owners, who incidentally didn't shop at Target (urban metro people with no kids and rich taste) , thought it would potentially hurt the brand and disrupt company stores. They were idiots and had no idea how beneficial it would have been to have 50+ million people walking by their brand. The Target customer is the Apple customer - it's a natural fit. The last time I was at a...
RIM should join up with Sears Holdings. I'd love to hear the co-ceo's explanation for offering this strategy. If it weren't for the moronic wall streeters who stay invested in the company (and the corporate IT departments not wanting to change), RIM would be on the chopping blocks already. Investors are going to give them 2012 to bring better and successful products to market - which they won't of course. Then what? I think as much as RIM is floundering (as is Sears),...
As much as people have resisted the acquisition, DT was the one selling the business unit. You have to question what they will do with a money losing business? I would bet that without a friendly acquisition by someone else, chances are good that they'll go away - which doesn't help consumer choice at all. Maybe it will be good to get rid of them and let ATT just buy up their bandwidth.
I would argue that Apple hasn't sewn up the high-end laptop market, but rather has convinced people that a product like the mba is a better value than a cheap netbook or even a cheap laptop. For that matter, it's already been shown to offer better specs at lower prices than the competition - something that seems to escape those that offer up that Apple only sells overpriced products. As far as the iPad goes - again, it's not a high end market or high end product...it IS...