or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Instead of opening more factories to ensure launch product availability, Apple could delay launch dates until more product is on-hand.  It's a challenge for sure - It's always better to have less quantity than demand (to a point), compared to too much product and not enough demand.
As much as Apple eclipses most other companies in regards to managing supply chain, they do seem to have hiccups with new product launches.  It's understandable when the forecast is blown away by demand, but much like the iPhone 6 and 6+, the Watch not having enough quantity to even keep up with the first few days of pre-orders, tells me Apple is either having issues with yield or they forecast really low given the flops that most other smartwatches have experienced.
Ahrendt's is crazy if she thinks that Apple customers don't understand that they can order online and have the order delivered. People want the in-store experience including waiting in line, so they can get some of the first units on the market. Suggesting that it's almost an unknown abut using the Store app or online store suggests to me that she doesn't understand the Apple customer very well. What they might want to do is fully embrace the experience and challenges of...
Wow, those people on the xda forum seem to be giving Samsung a pass on the scratched screen issues.  They must not be the same people who jump to bash Apple at any sign of a "problem" /.  I'm guessing that these issues will produce a very short-lived negative buzz for Samsung, but as they say, any press is better than no press, so they'll use it to their advantage and say something like, "We are happy to replace any units that customers feel don't meet their expectations...
MOf course, CF is extremely strong and rigid but it has a very sharp cutoff point when failure results in a complete catastrophic break, where most metals will bend significantly before breaking. It's also extremely expensive to produce and is anything but environmentally friendly. It isn't good with dissipating heat either.
Samsung deserves to get the same treatment that Apple got over the bend-ability of the larger iPhone, but I'm guessing we'll see little hit the mainstream news. Of course I think in both cases, it's a ridiculous thing to expect a thin and tall piece of metal and glass survive bending forces like what is being tested. If this were really an issue in need of solving, which of course it is not, there are solutions that could be used, such as carbon fiber, but the cost would...
I'll likely pick one of these up in the next couple of months.  Spent last week traveling with my 15" rMBP and losing 3 lbs. of dead weight in my bag would be really nice.  I don't need to have all the power of the rMBP when I'm on the road but do want something bigger than the iPad and I'm guessing this is exactly the scenario lots of people will have in mind when they buy one.   I have a 13" MBA (2011) that I used to travel with, but it doesn't provide enough battery...
Watch the language.   First of all, the article was a "review" of the new MacBook, minus the actual new MacBook, so any "flaws" should be taken with a grain of salt.   Second, the new MacBook is very much like the iPad, it's not meant to be an everything to everyone computer, but rather a thin and light computer that will do all the basic functions a computer needs to do (for the average user).  Will it replace your existing MacBook Pro that you have plugged into your...
For sure and I'll add to that, for those people that want / need a bigger than 9.7" screen.  
I thought the same thing when I read that.  Exactly what metric they're using to suggest the Surface Pro is successful is the real question.  Perhaps selling more than 1 unit, makes it successful?