or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Apple is at that point, again, where they're pitching color as one of the key elements of a product. They did it when they first introduced the iMac, then the iPod and now again with the iPhone. There's nothing wrong with it - and it's no different than any clothing company revising its color palette year to year, but for MS to poke fun at Apple for this just makes me, as a consumer, think about their "kick-stand" and clicking keyboard cover and dancing people not really...
Is complex supposed to be a good thing in your reference? I see it that MS doesn't know how to create anything that for the user isn't overly complex, mostly for no good reason. Consumers, and I mean all aspects of those consuming including corporate, education, individual, etc., inherently want things to work in a way that gets out of their way, not the other way around. Apple figured this out and MS is stuck making products and software that are anything but intuitive.
Neither MS nor GOOG is going to see much appreciable loss in investment confidence. Investors WANT to believe in what they're selling, even if it doesn't make sense from a financial perspective. This is true for Amazon as well and up to a point RIM had Wall Street on their side when they should have been dumped and/or accused of fraud. Investors are emotionally invested in certain companies. It's true for Apple as well, but Apple has historically been on the wrong side...
The rumor machine certainly isn't taking any chances - offering up just about every possible scenario about the next ipad and ipad mini. Who couldn't, at this point, point to a thinner and lighter (ipad) and higher res ipad mini? Going further and suggesting a thinner and lighter mini is filling in the blanks that I'm not sure even exist, because who out there really thinks the mini is too thick or too heavy? If Apple is working towards a hi-res ipad mini, which I'm sure...
Just like Apple mopped up the competition when it offered a broad range of iPods, they're going to do the same when they broaden the iPhone offering. It doesn't really matter what they do hardware-wise, as long as the consumer experience is no different, or rather no less, than any other iOS device.
Apple can't win with Wall Street analysts in particular and the street overall.  The business model that Apple established goes so far against the typical MBA or McKinsey-style consultant-based business models that it doesn't matter if they over-perform to expectations - that simply means they'll do worse in the future, according to the analyst.  If they underperform, then it means they're quickly going to go out of business because their whole model is wrong.   I'm...
The problem with a "smart" watch from any company is that a watch is a piece of jewelry. It's fashion that goes far beyond what iPhone users show when holding their phones. Asking someone to wear something that will be the exact same thing 100 million other people have is going to be a tough sell, in my opinion.
A co-worker of mine is a huge guy, standing 6' 4" and weighing 300+ lbs. He has been using an iP4s, but always complains that his fingers are too big to type on the phone. He ends up using his iPad because it almost looks iPhone sized in his hands. I can see people like him wanting a giant screened phone like this, but beyond that, I'm not sure what demographic they are going after.
MS has to keep trying new things, but I would think they would focus on getting what they have already "right" before looking to offer a new form factor with even more compromises.  Otherwise they're likely to bring a new "reader" to market that requires a keyboard and mouse and can run legacy windows programs and drive any of the 400 million usb devices on the market - you know, the way the Surface works today...   The whole idea of using non-touch based software on...
I think it is about time that we change from using a number dial pad on all phones to one that has more flash - plain numbers laid out in a static 3x4 format is so yesterday.  We need active widgets to represent each number, each with the ability to show current weather or the faces of people we know, maybe facebook status or twitter feeds.  REALLY?  Is that really where people want things to go?  I think people must have a lot of time on their hands that they need their...