or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Yep - that was one specific company I had in mind.  RIM was the other, but enough Streeters finally realized they couldn't keep propping them up.
I can guarantee you that Apple, whether back in the day when Steve was running the company, or today with Tim Cook at the helm, they are not doing or saying things to try to manipulate stock prices.  They are executing their plans and running the business.  The stock market is manipulated enough by the Street, and it's been clear for the past 5+ years that Apple is undervalued and for some reason, not treated with the same respect that some other questionable businesses.
The MS supporters I've talked to are ALL holding out hope for the PRO, but they also hedge their bets with comments like "Samsung's Pro Tablet versions are already out and are fantastic".  From what I've gathered, the Surface and really all Windows based tablets are nothing more than a small screen laptop meant to be used in landscape mode using a keyboard and mouse - and that's a positive that you can connect any of the 400 million usb devices to it.  Great...
Apple had the lead in the PC market when there wasn't really a PC market.  They were first to the gate before the racetrack was even built.  Do you remember when only a few select independent retailers sold computers?  And when mass retailers first started?  Apple was part of it for sure - but their decision not to license their software in the same way MS did ended up killing their hopes of being part of the PC revolution.
Apple is in the business to make money.  They will NOT go after a low price point market until, and maybe not ever, they hit a certain saturation point with their current selling products.  The world is a big market and Apple has lots of upside yet to capture.   This is the kind of argument you hear about lots of premium brands and companies.  If only Rolex would offer a cheaper version, they could sell lots more watches. If only Mercedes would make a cheaper car,...
This difference with Android is that it's achieving volume by selling at price points that vary from zero dollars to Apple-comparable prices on any number of brand manufacturers at retailer outlets that run the gamut from telco stores to mass market grocery stores.  I never really made the argument one would "win" over the other because it became clear that Android was going to end up on a bunch of crap products from no-name manufacturers sold at just about every outlet...
I guess what I'm talking about is the dual OS tablet cum ultra ultra book, the surface and it's like, not to mention the touch screen laptop and desktops they're trying to promote now (again) too.  In regards to the MS 8 tablets, whether they're RT or Pro doesn't really matter.  The excitement I hear from people who want a Pro speaks only to the fact that they can run it as if it were their desktop/laptop - which is great if what you're really looking for is simply a...
MS does indeed own the enterprise market, but even they understand that change is happening.  The shift with businesses allowing their employees to use their own devices is something I'm sure MS never thought would happen - not when said devices have been iPhones, iPads and MacBook's.  As much as IT professionals loathe this change as much as MS does, the savings companies realize when this occurs can be substantial and something you have to expect will continue, and in...
Check your sarcasm monitor, because I don't think you got was I was suggesting.  I don't believe MS has done anything impressive in the past 10 years, but for some reason both the tech pundits and financial analysts seem to give them more credit than Apple gets.  It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  I think a lot of it has to do with the shift that's occurring in the tech industry and how a lot of people are still so entrenched in legacy systems and technology, they...
The issue with projections like this is that they're forecasting that windows tablets will see growth, making an assumption that just because it's windows, it will drive growth.  This kind of guessing reminds me more of how things played out with the iPod.  Big ol' MS comes to market with the iPod/iPhone/iPad killer and a lot of great prognosticators forecast Apple to lose share.  We haven't seen that yet, so shouldn't ideas like this be called on the carpet?   What...