or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

Samsung's positioning is nothing more than the typical, stereotypical even, saving face response.  I would venture to guess that they'd make comments like this even while negotiating with Apple, as they seek to look like the stronger of the battling partners.  It's not much different than what you see with the government of N. Korea making thinly veiled threats while seeking funding for humanitarian aide.
Frankly, it doesn't matter whether it was Sinofsky or MS driving the change, it happened and now the real question will be where the change leads.   The comments from Ballmer wanting more integration with xbox makes sense on one level (one part of the consumer side) and is completely crazy for the enterprise side.  I feel bad for MS - they've found themselves forced into a corner after all these years because of their business model that allowed such a wide ranging...
Browett was not a good fit - at least from my perspective looking in.  It's going to be tough finding someone, from retail, that has any experience or skills running a retailer like Apple in the Apple way.
This is a conversation I've had with people time and again.  Apple pushes forward compared to MS and the pc crowd, who keep themselves locked into a tech, be it good or bad, for what seems like forever because they're afraid to piss off their customers.  Apple has no issue pissing off customers, who get mad and then just buy in and deal with the change.  I'm grateful there is a company like Apple doing this in the tech world.
The shake-ups in electronics will continue.  It's not that Apple is driving the change, but their process (design and production) and marketing is certainly influencing both other product manufacturers as well as consumers - who in many cases have figured out the old "you get what you pay for" mantra.  So much crap is cluttering the market that you have to work hard to differentiate in order to be noticed.  With tv's, there's just so little differentiation that price has...
It's the human condition that causes this type of strife.  It happens with religions, schools, sports teams, cities, countries, politics, race, sex, cars, etc.  People are always going to pick sides, even when the reasons behind their choice is non-sensical to those looking in from the outside.  If you single out Google and Apple, for example, neither company is what I would call a company to look up to as far as society is concerned.  Yes, they're both successful, but...
Same for me - but you have to ask yourself, "who cares?"  I know the bridge doesn't flow down into the valley and I don't need to see it perfectly.
The Mini when paired with a TB Display does give you the ability to update/upgrade the computer while keeping the monitor (and keyboard and mouse/trackpad) as opposed to having to ditch the iMac entirely if you want to upgrade to a new processor (for example). But based upon the slow refresh cycle, chances are good that you may be ready for a new monitor by the time an update hits on the Mini.
The world is a better place because of Steve.  We all play a part, for sure, but Steve definitely figured out how to push people to think differently - for the better.
First of all, who really thinks of Microsoft being connected to music? It was and still is Apple that made the connection between music and computers/iPods (iPod being the Kleenex of music players). Microsoft is late to the game and misguided in what they're doing trying to use "artists" like this bozo to bring people into their stores. Maybe they should try getting their hardware manufacturing "partners" to step up and start making products that people want to buy -...