or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

I guess what I'm talking about is the dual OS tablet cum ultra ultra book, the surface and it's like, not to mention the touch screen laptop and desktops they're trying to promote now (again) too.  In regards to the MS 8 tablets, whether they're RT or Pro doesn't really matter.  The excitement I hear from people who want a Pro speaks only to the fact that they can run it as if it were their desktop/laptop - which is great if what you're really looking for is simply a...
MS does indeed own the enterprise market, but even they understand that change is happening.  The shift with businesses allowing their employees to use their own devices is something I'm sure MS never thought would happen - not when said devices have been iPhones, iPads and MacBook's.  As much as IT professionals loathe this change as much as MS does, the savings companies realize when this occurs can be substantial and something you have to expect will continue, and in...
Check your sarcasm monitor, because I don't think you got was I was suggesting.  I don't believe MS has done anything impressive in the past 10 years, but for some reason both the tech pundits and financial analysts seem to give them more credit than Apple gets.  It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  I think a lot of it has to do with the shift that's occurring in the tech industry and how a lot of people are still so entrenched in legacy systems and technology, they...
The issue with projections like this is that they're forecasting that windows tablets will see growth, making an assumption that just because it's windows, it will drive growth.  This kind of guessing reminds me more of how things played out with the iPod.  Big ol' MS comes to market with the iPod/iPhone/iPad killer and a lot of great prognosticators forecast Apple to lose share.  We haven't seen that yet, so shouldn't ideas like this be called on the carpet?   What...
Samsung's positioning is nothing more than the typical, stereotypical even, saving face response.  I would venture to guess that they'd make comments like this even while negotiating with Apple, as they seek to look like the stronger of the battling partners.  It's not much different than what you see with the government of N. Korea making thinly veiled threats while seeking funding for humanitarian aide.
Frankly, it doesn't matter whether it was Sinofsky or MS driving the change, it happened and now the real question will be where the change leads.   The comments from Ballmer wanting more integration with xbox makes sense on one level (one part of the consumer side) and is completely crazy for the enterprise side.  I feel bad for MS - they've found themselves forced into a corner after all these years because of their business model that allowed such a wide ranging...
Browett was not a good fit - at least from my perspective looking in.  It's going to be tough finding someone, from retail, that has any experience or skills running a retailer like Apple in the Apple way.
This is a conversation I've had with people time and again.  Apple pushes forward compared to MS and the pc crowd, who keep themselves locked into a tech, be it good or bad, for what seems like forever because they're afraid to piss off their customers.  Apple has no issue pissing off customers, who get mad and then just buy in and deal with the change.  I'm grateful there is a company like Apple doing this in the tech world.
The shake-ups in electronics will continue.  It's not that Apple is driving the change, but their process (design and production) and marketing is certainly influencing both other product manufacturers as well as consumers - who in many cases have figured out the old "you get what you pay for" mantra.  So much crap is cluttering the market that you have to work hard to differentiate in order to be noticed.  With tv's, there's just so little differentiation that price has...
It's the human condition that causes this type of strife.  It happens with religions, schools, sports teams, cities, countries, politics, race, sex, cars, etc.  People are always going to pick sides, even when the reasons behind their choice is non-sensical to those looking in from the outside.  If you single out Google and Apple, for example, neither company is what I would call a company to look up to as far as society is concerned.  Yes, they're both successful, but...