or Connect

Posts by jmgregory1

It's obvious that iOS Maps isn't at the same level as Google's mapping, but I too find it hard to believe that it's a crushing blow to Apple. They made a decision to move away from Google and I applaud that - they'll fix the issues with Maps and even if they didn't, as others have noted there are plenty of mapping apps for people to choose from. I also find it strange that people seem to rely on maps so much. Are people really traveling to unknown places this much?
It would be interesting to know whether the amount they "stocked" for launch was limited by Apple's own guidance or manufacturing.
Another couple of years of Vzw customers thinking they're not missing anything. And being told they're not missing anything.
Apple has every right to apply for patents on anything they create. In fact, I'd say it's their responsibility to do so in order to protect the value of their investment (in IP, people, resources). If you don't agree with their getting patents from USPTO, then it's your right to reach out to the USPTO to challenge the patents. And if you think Apple is overstepping their applying for, and getting patents granted, you're clearly not following the sheer number of patents...
The thing about the agreement is, as for now at least, that the manufacturers adopted one technology that might have been great (not that micro USB is great) 2 years ago, but times change.  Apple, being Apple, has to look at micro USB connectors and say they look like crap and have issues over time with their general functioning (I know those I have for my BT headsets end up not working as the tabs start wearing down).  Just like with so many other aspects of the user...
I think the taller form factor makes sense - from a personal standpoint that I have a tall face and when talking on the phone directly, it will "fit" me better.  Hopefully the new screen will help reduce battery usage more than what the LTE radios will demand extra so that we get a real day's use out of the new phone.  Traveling last week, I ended the day, barely, with 2-3% left on my 4S and quite clearly was limiting my use as the battery drained.  I'm ok just making it...
Comments from a financial analyst have nothing to do with whether a Moto (Android) or Windows mobile fan is on the fence - it's all about brand marketing and overall company prospects.  It's hard for any other company to compete with Apple's marketing prowess, at least as far as a single product is concerned.  Apple's integrated and complimentary systems and products to this day have not been challenged by any competitor and no other company is even showing signs that...
Apple is doing what Apple does well - not just accepting a current tech, but looking for ways to improve things for both the consumer and provider of services and things.  They have a real shot at changing how things are done and of all the companies out there, Apple has the best shot of success, IMHO.
Some reporter should be writing a story about the costs/savings associated with adoption of iPhone and iPad both in government and enterprise.  I'm really curious to know how much of a savings or cost there is to replacing other smart (or dumb) phones with an iPhone as well as how much some businesses have saved when they allow their employees to purchase an iPhone (and/or iPad) on their own dime compared to a company purchase of a competing phone or tablet.  And to know...
Yep.  Anyone who thinks Apple needs to make trashy, throw--away phones to compete with the trashy throw-away Android phones has completely misunderstood who Apple is and what value they bring to the equation.