or Connect

Posts by iGenius

Not quite true. I had a Palm Treo on Verizon which had not been crippled in any manner. Apple has done some good things, but your example is not one of them.
Here's what Nokia is doing: March 12 (Bloomberg) -- Nokia Oyj, the world’s largest maker of mobile phones, asked a U.S. judge to throw out Apple Inc.’s claims that it is trying to monopolize the wireless technology market and seize access to iPhone technology. Apple’s antitrust and breach of contract allegations are implausible and are “designed to divert attention away from free-riding off of Nokia’s intellectual property,” the Finnish company said yesterday in papers...
Here's the latest: March 12 (Bloomberg) -- Nokia Oyj, the world’s largest maker of mobile phones, asked a U.S. judge to throw out Apple Inc.’s claims that it is trying to monopolize the wireless technology market and seize access to iPhone technology. Apple’s antitrust and breach of contract allegations are implausible and are “designed to divert attention away from free-riding off of Nokia’s intellectual property,” the Finnish company said yesterday in papers filed...
The night club example was to illustrate that this might be a common method to attract consumer interest.
I've said exactly that many times, starting on the day of the announcement.
Seems like a good thing to have - the lack of a rotation override is an infuriating omission on the iPhone. But is it really necessary to have a hardware button for it? Don't get me wrong, I think that Apple's lack of hardware buttons on the iPhone is a distinct disadvantage. But given that the buttons are very few, is it really necessary to use a precious commodity for this sort of function?
Yes, the press coverage for the 'Pad has been very mixed. That is why I said "much of" as a qualifier. The negative press is not restricted to geek fora. Much of the mainstream press coverage has also been negative. And this thread is not any sort of window into the minds of apple devotees in general - the small, self-selected nature precludes that. All that being said, I expect the 'Pad to sell very well.
Good points. But I note that much of the coverage has been negative. I also note that lots of folks are apt to jump on a bandwagon, and that things in short supply often seem extra-desirable.
Well, perhaps nothing except reputation, citations, invitations to speak at conferences, and possibly a lucrative job offer. Ask Torvalds whether "no value accrued" to him.
[QUOTE=Quadra 610;1589014 Looks like demand is phenomenal, given that people are complaining about limited preorders, of all things.[/QUOTE] Looks are sometimes deceiving.