or Connect

Posts by eehd

Yes, because it violates the 4th Amendment of the US Constitution...You know, the one that says that people have "the right to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects....
Yes, but Apple, nor any other company, is taxed to import those products that are sold here. You and I get charged tariffs when we bring stuff from abroad, even when you buy it on an airplane via "sky mall". Why isn't Apple?
What do you mean slider camera access? Can you just double click the home button to access the camera without unlocking the phone?
Wow! It seems that for some people here, Apple can do no wrong. It is, after all, an all-things-Apple site, but the older I get, the more shades of gray I see. Things just aren't black or white anymore, but that's just me, I guess. For what is worth, the gestures for both companies seem similar in purpose and Apple MAY have to license the technology; it MAY be quite the opposite as well, but I'll leave that to the lawyers to figure out.
I've turned off all location services and turn them on when I need to use TomTom and maps. One thing that I've noticed, though, is that the Camera App has shown the little location arrow and has disappeared right away. I'm going to have to check pictures' metadata to see if the camera is still adding locations to the pictures.
The problem, as I see it, it isn't not providing an agreement, but providing an agreement that isn't 150 pages long and so technical people agree to it because they need/want the software. In plain language tell me what you're taking from my phone and what you want to do with that information. Also, what are you going to do to safeguard my information. I've worked in public health research for almost a decade and when we're doing a study, we must provide two informed...
You are partially correct, though I'm sure by special interest you're referring to unions, in which case you are entirely wrong. You need to tune off Faux News, or at least expand your news reading list. First, the Wall St. Journal (not a leftwing paper by any means) is reporting that corporate taxes are at the lowest they have ever been, and in fact, are, on average, lower than most other western countries. Now you have the super rich running elections with their...
I would laugh at anyone carrying a phone that big.
Ha! It's funny how they are trying to pretend that a stylus is a new, revolutionary product. No, it is technology, circa 2000.
Because you're supposed to be a blind sheep and just accept things for what they are, er, for what you're told.