or Connect

Posts by nhughes

Fitbit's membership allows users to export data as a spreadsheet and do with it as they wish. This app negates the need for the membership by using Fitbit's developer APIs to connect directly to HealthKit.
It is not.
It's not news, it's a tip, and it's labeled as such. For what it's worth, our tips are routinely some of our most popular articles. So evidently a lot of readers find these helpful.
I added a list of compatible Macs and iOS devices to the last paragraph. I do appreciate the input. However, complaining about having previously read a general, helpful tip elsewhere on another site is not what I would consider "valuable information" contributing to the conversation here, so I'd ask that you refrain from it in the future. Thanks.
Yeah, as I said in the article, it requires Family Sharing. You could always create a family account and just have yourself on it.Agreed. You can still hide any purchase through iTunes on a computer, though that's obviously not as convenient. Just go to the iTunes Store, choose Purchased, and mouseover a purchased item to see an "X" appear in the upper left of the item. This allows you to hide music, movies, TV shows and apps.
Do you have Family Sharing enabled?
No, screenshots are from 8.0.2 on an iPhone 6. Have tested with 5s and 5 as well, but don't have a 4S to test.
Yes, keep an eye out for more content this week.
After migrating to a Family Sharing account, iTunes Match purchases are charged through the shared credit card (as are iCloud Drive subscriptions and anything else). The Match accounts themselves, however, remain unchanged and are tied to specific Apple IDs. Nothing changes except for billing.
No problems talking about Gazelle on the Gazelle thread, I just didn't want this to drift off into analyst bashing, which is a whole 'nother can of worms. Gazelle is clearly identified in the opening paragraph as a "partner" and the story obviously includes affiliate links, from which the site undoubtedly collects a commission. It is my understanding that Gazelle offered the $10 bonus exclusively to AI (hence the use of "exclusive" in the headline) and the publisher...