or Connect

Posts by nhughes

Current Lightning cables do feature the official USB "trident" logo on the Type-A connector, making them sanctioned USB accessories. It doesn't appear that Apple would be able to continue using this logo if it switched to an unsanctioned reversible Type-A plug.
I never even remotely suggested that WSJ sources are traditionally accurate. In fact, if you read a few posts later, I very clearly stated that I think the WSJ report is highly suspect.
The way it's worded makes it sound, to me, like the sapphire display would be an optional "upgrade." Kind of like the $50 matte display option Apple used to offer on MacBooks. Frankly I think most of this info sounds bogus, as evidenced by the tone of my report. But I don't have any inside scoop saying the WSJ is definitively wrong, that's just my instinct.
You're wrong. WSJ is attributing this rumor to their own sources, not analysts. Direct quote from the article: "Apple is considering using sapphire screens in more-expensive models of the two new, larger iPhones it plans to debut this fall, if it can get enough of the material, people familiar with the matter say. "
No post-stabilization. It really is that smooth.
That's why it was an addendum to the review post-crash.
We stuck with the out-of-the-box firmware and flew countless times. No problems at all until the last flight randomly went haywire.
I disagree. Touch ID in the iPhone 5s was in many ways the first its kind in the industry, and Apple certainly spent substantial effort bringing that to market. You could say the same for many next-gen product improvements (Retina displays, Lightning ports, etc.). Not that it all really matters much, as the text included in the FCC filing is probably just boilerplate.
Latency was not an issue. When it works, it's on par with a standard point and shoot digital.I like your idea for a physical button on a case, but will note this device could be easily adapted to new (larger) iPhone form factors with a simple, inexpensive new plastic case for attachment to the controller.
I'll see what can be done about this.