or Connect

Posts by maciekskontakt

I find it amusing that judge denies group status. This has been happening for few years now and many of us had issues with Apple aggressive solution to eliminate proper SMS channels. The judge is in California? Then it makes sense to me why the "friendly" decision.
They also keep losing messages because they assign wrong device that might be in use by other person. You know if you deliver message then you should do it to all devices logged in - not to random one. Messages to me ended-up on family iPad souvenir thousands miles away overseas instead of on my iPhone. I asked specifically Apple to remove any such odd preferences from my iPhone and I have to keep logged out from their iCloud. It is very annoying when Apple does not allow...
 am amused by some forum poster boys when they say how much damage can be done to car manufacturers by great Apple leader. Few of them are probably so young that do not recall it was called FUD spread by Microsoft long time ago. It is time to note that some of you act just the same as former Microsoft pundits.   For your information Apple may get slapped with billion dollar penalties imposed by department of justice in many places in this world if it acts in predatory...
... also we caught Google in the past that Chrome took corporate account data and stored on their servers. How we did it? One of former employees was able to retrieve that while working in different company. It was nice to have loyal alumni, but perhaps people do not know about holes like this in Chrome and about scope of Google server storing data. Basically Chrome may be banned from some companies.
So you propose replacing one poor security software with resource consuming and tracking software from Google? I am not going to use Chrome again... after 10 years of using it - the only performing browser on the market that has no hidden associations with commercial market (read: does not impose some garbage) and controls phishing out of the box - is SeaMonkey based on Mozilla. Hence I need Flash plugin. It also runs on older slower Mac OS X hardware unlike Chrome,...
Well I will not enable Touch ID. If you do not knowwhy read the legal interpretation of search and warrant. That convenience cost you privacy and allows for search without warrant. Ask lawyers.
robin huber In Europe this is not number 911. Europeans do not care what number is emergency call in America. Also this is foolish to associate nine-eleven with emergency (by Apple design). Proper call for Siri are: call nine-one-one, call emergency, call police... Do you see number "11" anywhere on keyboard?
No privacy as well. There is a legal trick: If finger print is require to enable device then any law enforcement is allowed to go through your device with no warrant (it is based on biometrics and as such law does not require warrants). If it is based on push button and password (something you know) then warrant is required as per law and constitutional rights. Did you know that? Although I do not have much to hide, I 'd rather do not give access to someone who could...
mstone 04/16/2015 01:13 PM   It is probably caused by bad jpegs not just large ones. Depending on which application originally created the file the compression might be noncompliant or corrupted. I just made a huge jpeg to test on my iMac 5k using Photoshop and it opened perfectly in Preview. That said Apple should be able to deal with that sort of issue and not crash.     Your argument is somewhat on arrogant side just like any support or pundit: "it must be...
... and yes it happened to me too. The system would not crash, but Preview hang. After killing it with system tools it still appeared as running though no actions if you wanted to view any jpeg (it simply would come up). Do we have quality issue with testing at Apple? Can we come back to routines from 2006, please? Are the same people working there or just new generation of hot shot developers are there who do not need to test as "they know it works". Oh... few decades...