or Connect

Posts by maciekskontakt

It may share the fate of Firewire if Apple is stubborn. Dead regardless how good. I suspect it is not as much cost as unfriendly process.
    You both do not seem to understand patent law and the article (as  far as patent law we all have mandatory classes in Europe in tech universities so lawyers dfo not selll BS and do not charge for BS).   1. Yes you can use patented invention and patent owner will charge license for it. patent does not prohibit using idea - iyt may not be free of charge, but patent holder CANNOT discrimante a company or it will be loser at court and paying fines for discrimative...
    I find it very offensive. How many companies did you work for that you have this kind of conclusions? I happen to work with 12 so I can write a book on mergers, take overs, leaving, consulting, employment, ups, downs being VP and a regular employee  e.t.c. I may even write a book on offensive people who do not know first thing and base their knwoledge on popular opinions from social circles rather than facts.   The choices people make (or have to make) vary so much...
@blitz1 You act like one offensive jerk who does not seem to understand reality. Brainwashed by spending too much time with Apple? I guess so. Stop being blind pundit. It happens that I have been with Apple products much longer than iPhone and iPad exists (my first iPod was 2nd gen and at that time I ran Mac OS X and OS 9 home). However I always now find that Amazon is way better experience in shopping than Apple for number of reasons. One of them is the fact that when...
Not exactly the first of kind, but first complete with important periferals inputs and outputs. The first was "adapter" that you could equip with most of ExpressCard for any periferals you needed. It is worth to take a look at this almost year old piece: http://www.sonnettech.com/product/echoexpresscard34thunderbolt.html
Only problem is that you will need to buy new TV from Apple every two years because something (update? fix? account stop working?) will require new iOS ;)   Thank you I will still stick to Sony or something similar level of electronics.   I prefer that "tuner" functionality outside. What's standard can sit inside.
Pathetic is US Patent and its principles. Check European. Those who lived and studied in Europe laugh of US Patent principles. I actually could smartly sneak pen and mouse definition and get USPTO patent. In Europe, engineering students (Masters) are required to take classes in patenting so no "smart-boy" lawyer could do some idiotic claims. Guess what my friend who is from European university was writing technical reviews for such patent firm that protected large...
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD033LL/A/time-capsule-3tb?fnode=5f   Apple already has NAS - it is called Time Capsule. Also if you connect USB drives to their Airport Extreme it gives you one of the fastest (gigabit Ethernet and wireless) NAS on the market which I have been running for few years now (I stream from it to Apple TV and into the world to watch my movies and listen to my music). Yes it has limitations, but I am satisfied with over 20MB/second read and...
@smarky If you are serious about graphic design (like we are at publishing studio for biggies) then stay away from Apple displays. They turn into yellow uneven surface with time and reflection from glossy screen is big no-no for precise professional (e.g. retouch). We also consider Mac Mini as thi is enough performance for 2D graphics in Photoshop, but we will go pro monitor (IPS) EIZO or NEC (cheaper) 16:10 ratio (nobody in serious graphocs uses 16:9). iMac was a big...
Sure. Make it 120 hours a week by law and 100% will comply easily.   Mandated? Here comes communism twisted into "capitalism".   I was born and lived in such country few decades ago... so before pissing me off by talking about something you do not have clue, but you are Apple pundit think twice. Many of us has more life experience than most eloquent English speakers on the subject.   We called this demagogy. Try this if you do not know this word coming from...