or Connect

Posts by cvaldes1831

The App Store is messed up right now.     Two apps showed up in iTunes as awaiting updates, but when I tried to download them, iTunes threw an error message, probably the same one. One happened to be the Yahoo Search app, so it's not just happening to little developers.   I think I'll sit out a day or two and look for confirmation that these issues have been cleared up before I try to download any more apps from the App Store.
Wintek shareholder?
SolipsismX is correct if you are looking at reader involvement.   Comment quantity is not proportionally correlated with comment quality, especially at a Q&A forum like MacRumors which does not employ a community-based comment ranking system. It uses human forum moderation which scales poorly. (Yes, I know that many of the MR forum moderators participate here).   This is related to iSheldon's comment about the lack of commentary by the NY Times about a special...
  The NY Times is just another news outlet. They are grubbing for page views. If there's a news item that won't generate a large number of page views, they really aren't compelled to publish it.   I point this out since you repeatedly asked the same question "why am I not seeing this at NYTimes?"   Publication by the NY Times does not reflect a particular news item's validity, nor does NY Times publication give validity to any given news item.   Journalism died in the...
  Actually, I found that the best solution is to move the Flash plugins from the main /Library/Internet Plugins folder to a separate Plugins folder inside of the iCab web browser.   That way, you still have one browser that can run bonafide Flash. By moving the Flash plugins out of the main Library folder, web browsers like Safari and Firefox will believe that the plugin isn't installed and will never render the content.   I think I am firing up iCab 1-3 times a month to...
Correct.   If history repeats itself, Bill Gates' lasting impact on society will be his humanitarian and charitable work. Whether it be someone like Andrew Carnegie or Albert Nobel, they are not best known for how they got their riches, but what they did with that money.   Bill Gates was a ruthless businessman, a trust fund baby that didn't languish on polo fields, but used his combativeness (uh, as well as some excellent family connections that come from being born to a...
Yeah, I think about 80% of AppleInsider commentors are teenagers still living with mommy and daddy.
  I'm awaiting the "where is the update to the Mac Pro? Apple only makes iToys now" whine.   So tiresome.
When a company starts floundering this badly, it is ominous.   The biggest problem is retaining engineering talent. The best and brightest employees are typically the first to leave, as they are the ones who are smart enough to see the writing on the wall, plus they have the largest number of opportunities elsewhere.   For the remaining employees, those departures become a bitter reminder at how poorly the place is faring and employee morale typically takes a...
  Nah, just the normal Internet angst amongst teenage tech nerds.   So tiresome.