or Connect

Posts by cvaldes1831

The major operators are probably holding onto this card to attract/retain customers for their priciest post-paid plans. 4G! The best plans! Fastest ever!Eventually, one of the major operators will cave in and let MVNOs connect to their LTE networks, probably after deep deployment has occurred. Once that happens, I presume the other carriers will follow in quick succession. LTE uses wireless spectrum more efficiently, so carriers actually are motivated to pare down the...
That's because you know how to do math.Most Americans are too lazy to pick up a calculator to figure out Total Cost of Ownership when they get a cellphone. Heck, I've posted cost analyses here and at MacRumors and there are people who say, "well I don't need unlimited talk" or better yet "I get a 10% corporate discount" and still don't do the math.Their loss.To be perfectly honest, as a share holder of both AT&T and America Movil (the parent company of Straight Talk), I'm...
Satellite communications isn't particularly fast and typically isn't as reliable as land lines. Apple likely has a dark fiber network to connect their various data facilities. A private dark fiber network can be easily upgraded to the latest network technologies. A satellite in orbit? Not so much.
Probably.It would be in Apple's best business interests to have multiple data installations so a catastrophic failure at one location wouldn't halt daily operations. This is pretty standard practice for mission-critical applications for military organizations, governments, large corporations, etc.The NC data center itself is probably a mirror of an existing data installation, but with ample room to grow, just like the OR project.My guess is that Apple is reaching capacity...
Dividends aren't eligible as a pre-tax expense. It's not a cost of doing business; those are things like salaries, R&D, marketing, etc. Dividends are paid out of net income, after taxes.
The question wasn't if high-yield dividend stocks were good investments. The question was which stocks yield high dividend payouts.I answered the question that was posed. Whether or not high-yield dividend stocks are a good investment is not part of the discussion.Any wise investor won't look at one statistic anyhow. There are dozens of statistics to look at, hundreds of pages of SEC filings to read.In the end, it's a risk assessment decision that each investor makes. How...
Not looking good for Mr. Robber... http://www.mv-voice.com/news/show_story.php?id=5966 LOL
There was no will.There is a revocable living trust. The financial affairs of the Jobs family are now largely invisible to the outside world.I'm sorry that I have to make this sickeningly derisive statement, but probate court is for the Great Unwashed. It's for people who don't have their sh*t together. Weirdly, probate court is expensive enough where getting this settled beforehand is more reasonable.
I agree that there's a good chance that the tax breaks for qualified dividends and capital gains originally deployed in 2003 will be extended for a couple more years. However, the vote won't take place until after the November elections.In any case, investors should plan for the worst (i.e., increased tax liability for investments in 2013 and beyond). Getting an extension of current tax laws would be a gift, not an entitlement.As a private investor, that's really the only...
Actually, both you and Maestro64 are off the mark.There is a tax break right now for those who receive qualified dividends. Ordinary dividends are taxed like regular income, no special break there. However, those who receive qualified dividends (based on the 121-day holding period that starts 60 days before the ex-dividend date -- typically the shares need to be held for more than 61+ days during that window) will have those dividends taxed at a lower tax, the same rates...