or Connect

Posts by cvaldes1831

That's why a secure, encrypted transaction via an NFC-enabled smartphone is better. Register a credit card to the phone, and pay after authorizing. Dumber? Handing over a credit card to a restaurant server who walks away with it for ten minutes. But if there's any fraud, the credit card company offers some decent consumer protection (merchant dispute), especially if you use a better bank (e.g., American Express). Even more stupid is using a debit/check card. Very little...
Actually, some of the blame is Apple's.Tim Cook's mastery of the supply chain has squeezed availability of key components, like Retina displays and NAND flash memory chips, as well as access to certain key processes such as CNC machines for unibody case manufacturing.In many cases though, it could be argued that Apple's competitors willingly chose to manufacture garbage. No one pointed a gun at Acer's head and said, "make sh-tty netbooks that people will return in gigantic...
I doubt Apple would ever do that. Apple sees mobile operators as dumb pipes, a utility like the people who deliver water or electricity to your house.Apple's strategic acquisitions are generally leveraged to benefit a large percentage of Apple's customers, like acquiring PA Semi or Intrinsity. Those acquisitions benefit anyone using an Apple device powered by an ARM chip. Even Siri is eventually destined for many countries. Acquiring wireless spectrum from the FCC would...
Well, that's the right approach if they're sticking with the tablet. After all, RIM's core customer base was business.They fumbled badly when they tried to chase after the consumer market.
No, no.That would actually require a professional journalistic methodology. And true journalism died in the Nineties.However, your joke was worth a chuckle. Well played.
And Dido is actually talented. Can't say the same about Digitimes...
LOL, Digitimes. Garbage In, Garbage Out. Digitimes is like the herpes of high-tech media. So foul.
I doubt it. My guess is that Apple designs very little of the hardware that is installed in its data centers. They might be using Mac minis as blade servers for some functions, but for the main services, Apple uses big UNIX server iron running enterprise software (e.g., Oracle on Solaris boxes).Presumably, the high-security tactical data center would house systems that are specific to Apple's internal affairs. Things like inventory, accounting, payroll, HR, CAD...
My guess is yes.First of all, EPEAT has nothing to do with environmental ratings of manufacturing or service facilities, as far as I can tell.Second, it is likely that Apple wants completely control/responsibility about the power availability to this site. They might need to plug into the utility power grid when the fuel cell installation needs maintenance, or for emergencies, but for the most part, the site operator would probably have a rotating maintenance schedule that...
And what kind of car do you drive? When a motor vehicle gets you essentially from point A to point B, they're effectively doing the same thing.People make judgments on a daily basis about perceived value, whether it's the clothes you wear, the food & drink you consume, what toilet paper or pen you buy, etc.If you don't recognize and accept this, your sanity is in question.Of course, quite a few AI commenters have a very tenuous grasp on reality.Getting back to the topic,...