or Connect

Posts by Applecation

There are very few features of Windows that I like over my beloved Mac, but the ability to manipulate the file system from within a save dialog is one I've always liked, and used frequently. I've added this ability to my Mac with Default Folder, but nice to see the feature added to the Finder. Personally, I hope they include delete as well. With a safety-catch dialog box to prevent inadvertent deletes, I see more good than harm. The only other feature I can think...
I am still on Snow Leopard, but these new features are exciting enough to push me over the edge. My only motive to move to Lion is to enable all the features of iCloud. MobileMe still serves me well for now (and SL), but the clock is ticking. Mountain Lion's feature set is giving me much more incentive to clean up my machine for the update. I use Screen Sharing daily, as I have an older machine with no monitor that I access from my MacBook Pro. Drag n...
I had dinner last night with a friend who purchased an epub book for a college course. (Obviously not an iBooks2 book). After the course had started and the students had their books (only a couple opted for electronic versions), the instructor announced there would be open-book tests, but those with epub Textbooks would not be allowed to use their copy. The instructor feared those students would also use the internet, and gain an unfair advantage. Like every...
For me it has been a question of the ability to run software on it. I just updated from my PowerMac G5. Why? Snow Leopard, Lion, and several applications started appearing that will not run on my G5. I too am still on iPad1, and question getting an iPad3. I am pretty happy with what I have right now. But, if there are enough things I cannot do with it, I will pull the trigger. The iPhone is a little different, because it is subsidized, and there is a good market for...
From what I've seen thus far, the iPhone 4S provides everything I hoped for, except a larger RAM. With the size of some of these apps, I was hoping to see that spec grow. I will be ordering my new iPhone 4S 64GB this Friday. My current iPhone 4 is going up on eBay this week. With Siri, iOS 5, superior camera, faster operation, Airplay, and iCloud, this will be a completely new experience! Can't wait!
I can see where this might become popular at this price. Amazon already has content and a decent web experience. It is my go-to place for most purchases. Apple has this one-stop shop with iTunes that provides a good experience with their devices. Amazon is already setup with their site to provide a similar experience. I don't think this is any kind of an iPad killer (I am certainly not switching). But, Amazon might be in the best position to provide a good...
I know a number of people who still carry a Blackberry and an iPhone. My company does not allow me to access my email from my iPhone, nor any internal web sites. I would love to see that change, but I do not see that ever happening. So, apparently, the "unstoppable train" does not have a station here
Interesting. I see this problem happen quite a bit. Especially since I've started using an AIR app. I even wrote a nasty-gram to the company that switched their app to using AIR, as it sucks the life out of my 2011 MacBookPro. Kill the Flash processes, and the computer comes back to life.
I am certainly glad I have an eSATA card to use until TB goes mainstream. The idea of external SSDs over TB is pretty exciting. The future looks fast. The price will get where we need it.
This provides too much detailed information to Google on my buying habits, which is likely their motivation for doing this. Apple would be safer.