or Connect

Posts by Applecation

Agreed. Amazon and Barnes and Noble are the big players. Amazon claimed a year ago that Kindle books outstripped traditional books for Amazon book sales, so ebook sales are clearly taking off. I don't think iBooks is a major player here, although talking to the handful of iPad users I know, iBooks gets the most business from this small sample of users. For myself, I am buying most of my books on iBooks, but I keep wondering: will I still be able to read those books in 30...
If they are lining things up now, it should not be too long before we start seeing photos of alleged iphone 5 parts, or a completed device!
I looked at the site just two days ago, and they were still showing up to 2 weeks to ship.
My few attempts to use a stylus on my iPad resulted in issues where my palm resting on the iPad, as I draw, "marks" the drawing area. This is also true with the palm aware apps.
I've read thru all the various comments on this thread, and I still don't buy it. I do not believe Apple needs to rush out another iPad at this point, and I disagree that there is any real competition out there. Do you see them pushing iPhones out quicker? There is definitely competition in that arena. Also, with the iPhone5 expected in the Fall, I would think that including a new iPad as well would hurt sales to early adopters. I know I could not justify both at...
It is hard to see a business justification for releasing a new model so quickly, without any real competition to drive that decision. There is cost with switching models. I think Apple will stick to the schedule on this one. It's not like there is a major flaw in iPad2 to overcome. It still takes up to 2 weeks to ship the current model, so sales are certainly staying high.
Not thinner or lighter: If the guts can be squeezed, then more battery, please. I hope to see 24 hour battery life someday (not expecting it anytime soon). 64GB memory. Some of these apps are taking significant space. I want to fit my whole music library as well. 5MP is adequate, but move the flash! I have to remove the case to take a flash picture, due to flash reflection. Slight increase in screen would be welcome. Louder speakers. There are still times,...
I do applaud Apple for being an early adopter to this new technology, and I am very hopeful that it takes off. The expansion of PCI express into an external format is an exciting concept. However, history tells us it will not take off until it is a fixture in the Windows world. I do not applaud Sony's decision to use an alternate connector. This will only serve to hamper acceptance, if incompatible connector styles are used. That said, I still found myself frowning...
I hope I am wrong, but I fear a repeat of SCSI and FireWire, where cost held back adoption, which in turn kept the cost high. For many people, USB3 is going to be fast enough, without costing $1000 for peripherals and $50 for a cable. I was excited when TB was released, and pulled the trigger on a new MBP. That was months ago, and we are only now seeing anything of TB, and too much for my wallet. I find myself wishing my MBP came with eSATA and USB3...
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4597 What will happen to the content I have on MobileMe? Apple has announced a new service called iCloud which will be available this fall and free for iOS 5 and OS X Lion users. When you sign up for iCloud, you'll be able to keep your me.com or mac.com email address and move your MobileMe mail, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks to the new service.