or Connect

Posts by MacApfel

Well we're at the start of voice command revolution. Siri will become more and more precise with the mouse pointer. Some time more in the future the mouse pointer will be fully abandoned! Granted, for the moment it's a bit cumbersome.
Adding Siri seems to be the natural big thing for OS X 10.9
Wow, is that all people are concerned with: naming convention? I thought it might be more interesting to have some rumours about new features. I would very much wan them to resolve having to separate file systems: Finder and iCloud. Really, if MS would do that, everybody would find this just laughable. So, please fix that!
There have been numerous suggestions in the past, the one that come immediately to my mind are:   Pages: easy line numbering, reasonable full screen mode with sensible arranged controls (goes for all) Keynote: 3D objects, new transitions (magic move is great - but doesn't work all the time), new themes, ... Numbers: much more functions, much easier cell styling   and in particular: fix the 2 separate file systems!! E.g., if you save a document in iCloud and...
  I guess I just wanted to point out that I am so desperate for an iWork update that I would even take an iWork '11 - better than nothing. If the current version of Aperture is becoming old ... well what do you call the current iWork suite - Methusalem?
  Yeeeesss ... that would be great. Even iWorks '11, '12, or even '13 would be fantastic - as I'm using these every day and these really need some update.
iWork is more than overdue for an update - Pages and Keynote are my main daily workhorses, Numbers is not that great (yet). Two of the most desired things for me are line numbering - I know the clumsy workaround, but this is not nice at all. Second, I really like to work with Pages in full-screen mode. Apple should make a real full-screen mode for Pages where tools are arranged in a senseful manner, like with e.g. iPhoto. Also they need to come up with a better iCloud...
Looks great to me! And so far I don't miss the sidebar.
FINALLY! At least an article about iWork. I use Pages on a daily basis. Why I still like it much better than Word, it is growing old and there are basic features missing, e.g. simple addition of line numbers (I know that there is a clunky workaround). Also numbers is a much better basic concept than Excel (>1 spreadsheet on one canvas), it is somewhat clumsy and lacks a lot of features/math operations. So, yes please bring an update to iWork! It's ridiculous to sell a...
There is MathType for iWork which works seamless and great. That's what I use for Pages.