or Connect

Posts by MacApfel

I'm not so sure, it's that massive. I think Google operates around 30 of these.
Well I’m not too surprised by this. The delay of iWork suggested that it might be due to an incorporation in some cloud service. So I expect to see the next iteration of iWork tightly integrated with ‘iCloud’ – and am looking forward to this! – Keeping files in sync between computers is just a mess.
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011...cation_qa.html
Read comment #124 and do your maths.
Not 70% of $1600, but 70% less: 0.7x1600=1120, so 1600-1120=480, i.e roughly the $499.
And now think about it: if you take a 16GB WiFi for $499 and you even don't need a mouse etc. that's even nearly 320% cheaper then he claims! That should leave these competitors flummoxed ... (OK, $499 is 70% of $1600 - but getting from $499 to $1600, that's really a 320% increase.)
I din't expect such lines. Really. So much talking about this is only an incremental evolution, bla, bla, If this was just a minor incremental step - wait until next year and the lines after the next major step ... And for those saying, these are all fanboys - what a fanboy base Apple has ... But I rather think a lot of people just waited for the second gen and then went straight on the streets. I'm also very curious what they are going to do regarding internat'...
I think Apple is on the run to REPLACE print editions. So, the co-existence and even more additional free content on the iPad is contradictory to this aim.
One thing that I really miss is sort of central media server. Your right, I also have quite a number of devices now, and the last thing I want to do is to sync all of them all the time. A central media hub, with 2-3 HDs that also act as backup system could solve this problem. If this is done properly, this could just be the last and fantastic bit of kit you need to complete all the apple devices - including ATV.
Isn't this what Launchpad in Lion will be? The iOS applications on the Mac?