or Connect

Posts by BeltsBear

I think the changes AT&T made will reduce phone sales.  I am on the new family share, so now I have the last of my 'subsidized' phones.   I never paid the higher monthly fees they have quoted here as I had a family plan, 5 phones and large employee discount.  At $50 total per line including taxes I paid about $1500 per phone over two years.  Now while I am paying lower prices for my service, I will have to pay full price for my phone making it less attractive.  I will hold...
A printed, physically delivered magazine monthly costs $8 a YEAR. NYT is not perfect but there is a lot of good content. Lots of people will call it crap (and there is a ton of crap in there) but there is also good stuff. NYT needs to get over their crazy view of the online world and what we will pay and come up with something attractive. For a start..... $4.99 per month (and NO, not for 4 weeks!) That is not in a different world then what they offer, but i can tell...
There was no evidence of them not complying with maritime regulations.  It appears the docking permit is the main thing.  Building what they were doing would not have needed a ground building permit, zoning or many other things that are needed on land.  Again, the best move is to build it elsewhere and legally bring it in and bring none of the other benefits to the area of the construction happening locally.  Protip - Those benefits are huge and far outweigh the paperwork...
Google may have been bending a few rules, we can't have that! Now the state will need to pay for unemployment payments to the workers for a few weeks or even more as well as not collecting taxes on wages during that time. Then the sales tax revenue from the store finally opening will be delayed by a similar or longer period of time. Way to go! Google will now have to weigh if for the next big project if they should just build it overseas (Mexico or many other places)...
Mine takes two tries on average. Sometimes on first try, sometimes taking three or four. It was better brand new, but it is still far better then me typing in my password which I could also screw up and will take longer.
If this becomes law, will Pastafarians be allowed to have colanders and spegetti openly for sale but only allow certain people to buy them?  :)
 The law cannot stand.   Using the new law one could 'legally' discriminate against black people, Muslims, Jews and basically anyone they wanted.  The Governor would be crazy to sign this law.  This law forces the government to become the arbiter of religious values as well, quite a gray area and a huge waste of time and effort.    Are courts to judge what is a valid 'deep seated' belief?  The only cool thing about this law is seeing what great things Pastafarians will do...
And that is why (and I know people who want Microsoft to fail would rather not see this) building $499 PC's with no crapware and Windows 7 is what Microsoft should encourage.  Most big vendors do not do that, it is either Windows 8, crapware loaded or weak.   But paying Microsoft $90 wholesale for Windows 7 makes it turn into a $599 PC that sells less.  Sure, Apple is better, for sure in software, often in hardware.  I admit that.  But a properly setup quad core 8gb/1TB...
The cost of Windows has made it very hard to build and sell PC's competitively. The big brands get it cheaper and the small stores are forced to pay $90 wholesale for a Windows7 license. As a result, small stores do not sell as many units, and often repair vs replace units. If they made more money selling new units, more new units would be sold. Microsoft needs to lower the cost to all customers.
 This is OUTRIGHT false.  It is not illegal in China.  Banks are not allowed to process cash deposits for Bitcoin. In Russia the situation is grey, the central bank of Russia has said it is illegal, but the courts have said no such thing. Most countries are treating it like a foreign currency.