or Connect

Posts by Berp

The emphasis is all yours. I want no part of it.
Weird but in good faith. Often all that remains of one's expression of thought is what one tries hard to slip past a reader's afterthoughts.
The main thrust of your line of thoughts is a copycat of Google's strategy to counter iPhone in the marketplace: drive a wedge between the user experience and the emotional bond that the end user feels toward a marketed object of communication.If Google, CR or yourself condescend on a relationship which is based on trust from an intimate experience, be it a communication device or a dear friend of mine, beware of the fallouts on your trusting relationship with me.
Consumer Report took a stand on the iPhone 4 last summer; the consumers took a very different stand, witness Apple's bottom line as of next week. And yet, CR sweeps concrete results obviously based on consumer satisfaction under the rug with a stump speech worthy of the worst hacks in today's Politics. If you get off your high horse perhaps you'll deign comment on the first and most relevant part of my response to your "above the fray" attempt at objectivity. This is what...
Your point might be taken had you not quoted back my post in your reply.
I understand, neither did I ever mention yours...
CR's take on the Verizon iPhone is some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. They wish, for credibility's sake, last summer editorial on iPhone 4 to be borne out by reality, a reality unfortunately out of their subjective grasp. They miserably failed then and they only compound their failure by piling on what turned out to be an outstanding success story. Furthermore, it's common practice at AI to target Dilger's credibility. The more spiteful your description of him, the...
I agree that posts like yours cause market shifts from Apple to Android. Very eloquent in what they state as well as in what truth they conveniently hide from scrutiny. Wrapped around highly conducive antennas boost wave sensitivities. Good for opening up new coverage areas independently from the Carrier, easier come easier go sort of signal transmission in badly covered areas; good for blogging spinmeisters to get the nobility out of competing, albeit innovating...
Every so often, generally proceeding from a succession of favorable Apple news and objective reports, the tech blogosphere goes on a rampage with Apple's doomsday scenarios. Let's feed some comfortable retorts to non-Apple readers, we can almost hear them say... "Google nearly ready to challenge Apple, Amazon with e-bookstore. ..., posing a threat to Apple's new iBookstore, according to a new report." "RIM's BlackBerry overtakes Apple's iPhone in US browser...
These comments are pure cynicism. They mirror perfectly Google and Facebook's fundamental Business philosophy: the world we live in is half-empty; why don't we make a buck or two hollowing the resisting half? After all, what are nerdy geeks for? Apple makes money out of being upfront and reverential towards their customers; they profit from filing up the voids Google and Facebook create in their wake. Why should a thriving business practice have to justify doing what's in...