or Connect

Posts by laytech

What made it brilliant, was that it just worked. The seamless way you could navigate, intuitively and how there was a 360 work flow, you searched for a location on the maps, then you clicked contact and then you clicked call. Simple but brilliant. Large, screen and a beautiful design. I know at the time this was going to revolutionise the mobile market, but for some unknown reason, i didn't buy apple stock!... something i deeply regret.
Crickey, not sure I would want the blue screen of death on a plans :-)
Integration into the car is a natural extension to the apple Eco system. Lets face it, no car software is ever upgraded, other than say a new navigation CD. The only time you get new technology or capabilities is upgrading your car, so make perfect sense to integrate IOS into the car. Question is, all car makers will wonder how they can capitalise (make money) from the integration. Charge for upgrades? No reason they can't charge a premium for the "apple compatible...
Apple has certainly not been lucky, its been dynamic and innovative, its success has not been because of another's failure on the contrary, its through brilliance it has succeeded and as a company mistakes of past should not be repeated. The day apple bows to pressure to release products just to please the stock market or fickle journalists or negative bloggers is the day it will be doomed for failure because I'd you can't please those people when you are your most...
Well, when apple brings out the smart thumb scanner on the home button - problem solved unless of course they cut your thumb off.
Now we're talking... How cool to be able to send a timed key to unlock for your friends. Simply brilliant. Ok, you forgot your keys at work, your battery is dead, now what? Wait, your neighbour is home or even a random passer by. You call your wife, she sends the timed code to unlock the door and hey presto - you're in. Simple but brilliant. You can see where this is going, your iPhone will soon unlock your car, unlock your house, be your wallet.. Sounds scary but having...
Ugliest bulb I have ever seen. Crying out loud why on earth would you put something with a big black band around it on your ceiling or in lamp. It lacks all imagination in terms of design. The lights clearly went out when it came to design atheistics and thinking of the living room. Shame. Nice idea otherwise.
Sure maps failed to wow and street view is a major loss but we'll just have to be patient and in the meantime Google will release an app to get us through but all this crying about the new dock connector perplexes me. Really, it's innovative, easier to use, so much better in every way. The old one is clunky by comparison. Ok I admit the cost of the adapter is a bit rich but it's technology and not just some plastic clip. In 6 months this will all be forgotten. You have to...
NFC is obviously not ready for Apple yet but it is inevitable it will come as a form of being able to use your iPhone to pay for products, wifi location or GPS will not be accurate enough, I guess it's a case of waiting and another reason to upgrade next year or quite possibly the year after.
It wouldn't have happened on Steve (Job) watch. Yes, the airline was quite funny but this is the sort goof Microsoft would do. Don't portray users as idiots and software as complicated to use, cricky Apple what were you thinking?