or Connect

Posts by rednival

I am sorry but your comment shows a lack of understanding of how this works.The developer has said on numerous occasions they did not set out to target Microsoft platforms. Games have developers and publishers. EA is the publisher and they signed the deal with Microsoft. I don't know the terms of the deal or how they used the "loophole", but Respawn has every right to pursue every loophole when their publisher forced them into a situation they are not happy with. Also, the...
The other thing not accounted for is the fact that Google probably held on to some things.  Probably patents for the most part, but there could be other contracts/licenses that are not being sold to Lenovo.  Not suggesting what Google kept is worth 9 billion and they definitely lost money on this deal, but I do not think the Motorola being sold to Lenovo is the the Motorola Google bought. 
Sony plans to start its Playstation Now service this summer.  During the announcement said Sony was going to bring it to Playstation devices as well as Sony TVs.  It is possible Apple and Sony are in talks to bring that service to Apple TV/iOS.  Sony already has several iOS apps out relateed to PlayStation and Sony services.  If it plans to charge a subscription for Playstation Now, it is in their interest to make it available in as many places as possible.  AppleTV would...
Apple iPad has a pretty big presence in the business space.  Apple tends to respond when professional users ask for something, one way or another.   I could see businesses pressuring Apple to come up with something like Microsoft's keyboard for the iPad.  Do I think it will happen?  I have no idea, but if this DOES happen (and that's a big but ), it will be because businesses asked for it.  Not consumers.  I really don't think consumers are clamoring for this.
I completely get where this is article is coming.  Apple's issue a good problem to have, so to throw the word "failure" anywhere in the sentence is a big stretch, but it doesn't change the fact that Apple miss calculated something, somewhere along the way. My guess is Apple expected the 5C to cannibalize 5S sales more than it did, but we are still seeing VERY high iPhone sales numbers and the 5C is contributing handily to that.  They probably modeled sales in a way that...
With all the rumors floating around, Apple is working on SOMETHING for Apple TV.  That much is sure.  I don't think they are going to open the flood gates and allow all sorts of apps for Apple TV.  I expect its something better.      If I had to guess I think the ability for iOS devices to use the AppleTV as a secondary display (like in Mavericks) is in the works.  It might be limited to the iPhone 5S and next gen iPad, but I think it is coming.  If iOS could use AppleTV...
Some of you are giving Amazon WAY too much credit.  Amazon won't strong arm anyone out of the market with this move.   As far as this being "anti-competitive", that's pretty ridiculous.  There have been free phones for years.      Apple isn't the one that needs to worry about this.  Samsung and LG have A LOT more to be worried about than Apple does.  People buy Apple with the mindset that it is a premium product or because they want iOS, but Samsung and LG make cheap...
First, we don't know if any of this is true. Second, I can almost guarantee "free" is the wrong word. More than likely Amazon wants to use an alternate business model of some kind and need the carriers to help make it happe , and that's probably the hold up If Amazon was going to just give these away with no strings attached carriers would be all over it. A free smart phone means more subscribes and that's all carriers want. My guess is Amazon is looking to be an MVNO...
Holy crap.  Check out what I said here.   I mean, I am not taking credit or anything.  It's the next logical step in television, and if Apple can make it happen, they will likely have another iPhone on their hands.